Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me - Jury Duty for an 83 Year Old!

I have decided that some court systems are beyond idiots. My 83 year old father got a summons to serve jury duty this past week. He and my mom went to Rockford (the county seat) yesterday to discuss this with them....and guess what? The 83 man who has been through cancer treatments this year, nearly died twice, has not driven in over two years, has absolutely NO short term memory....has to report for jury duty on Monday, August 10th at 8:30!!!! What kind of justice system is this? Would you want a juror deciding a case for you....civil or criminal who would not remember the facts presented two seconds after they were presented????? Talk about a mistrial looking for a place to happen. I love my father...but he is definitely NOT juror material. I am calling Rockford today and letting them know just how idiotic I believe they are. He should be removed from all future lists and left alone. Now I am waiting for them to call my mom...her pat comment will be..."I know that!" Yes, please let a woman who cannot remember how to turn on the television using the remote, or the oven to cook biscuits (not that that is a bad thing - it keeps her from doing something wrong)....yes, let her be on a jury. Good grief what has this nation come to when we have to pick from octogenarians to be jurors. Griefus! Ladies and gentleman of the blogging world....this could happen to you! Way to go Coosa County....you definitely are on top of the game!

No comments: