1. It's National Waffle Day (August 24th)...what decision are you currently 'waffling over'? (or share one you've recently 'waffled over') To retire.....or not to retire....that is my question.
2. It's the middle of August, but I'm already seeing lots of autumn-related posts. Do you think we rush the seasons? If so, does that bother you? I saw (here) an end of summer bucket list that included-
make s'mores, read a new (or favorite) book in the park, eat something delicious and bad for you at a state fair, be a tourist for the day, have a pot luck picnic, book a last minute summer getaway, relax by or in the pool, take a hike to watch the sunset, have a day on the lake, try a new summer recipe
Which activities on the list might you squeeze in before summer officially comes to a close? Frank and I will be going on another little daycation or two.
3. Your favorite summertime 'art' found in nature? Sand castles at the beach......and the flowers that are blooming.
4. Stephen R. Covey is quoted as saying 'We judge ourselves by our intentions, and others by their actions.' Agree or no? Do you define yourself based on your intentions, your actions, or something else? I am not a huge Covey fan (long story)....but I do agree with him on this one. I define myself by my intentions and actions. I wish my answer was always my actions....but sometimes I have to deal with the fact that I intended to do something....but didn't and it then becomes a growth experience.....and hopefully I won't do it again.
5. Are you useful in a crisis? Elaborate. It depends on the crisis.....and who is involved If it is one of my children....not so much.
6. What's been your go-to dish this summer? Is it something you'll continue making as the seasons change? I wish I had one. Frank does all the cooking. We have had a good many low country boils but that won't move into the next season. The next season will bring stews, soups, casseroles....more hearty meals.
7. Adult coloring books are a thing now. Have you jumped on the bandwagon? If not is this something you think you might enjoy? I have several and Frank and I actually sit down at night and color. I love it and it is a great stress buster.
8. Are you counting down the days for college football? Are you a football fan and if so....who do you root for? Have an awesome day!