Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Falling Into A Hodge Podge

Welcome to another edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you've answered this week's questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then go say howdy to your neighbor there. Thanks for playing along each week!

1.  In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of sync, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.  Out of sync would best fit me right now.  I just can't seem to get my many hats worn at the right time.  I feel as if I am a day late and a dollar short.  I am really struggling to keep all my ducks in a row.

2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?  For me it is the use of technology by the young whippersnappers.  They seem to draw all the attention on themselves and those of us who make a small technology contribution just seem like we are old dogs trying new tricks.

3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?  Thanksgiving would have to be my answer.  It is my favorite holiday.  I love the gathering of kith and kin around the hearth.


4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?  I love music so I have many and some are copies of Joyce's.  Annie's Song (John Denver), Beth (Kiss), Sweet Caroling (Neil Diamond), Aimee (Pure Prairie League), Amanda (Don Williams), I'm Not Lisa (Jesse Colter)...and my favorite would be Mary Did You Know (Pentatonix).  I could sing this song year round.  It is so powerful.

5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.

 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Fall is my favorite season and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It is a wonderful time to take that road less traveled and converse with God in nature.

 

 




4 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite too. The expectation that comes with Christmas isn't part of this day and I enjoy the focus on food, family, and gratitude.

Betty W said...

Hello from Paraguay! I saw your entry at Joyce's and am getting to know more bloggers. I find your description on your profile very interesting. Both of you are pastors! Wow! Very unusual.
My favorite time of year is fall too, although our fall down here is much different, than yours.
Happy Hodgepodge!

Cranberry Morning said...

Our autumn is pretty much over, but I enjoy it too and marvel at God's amazing creation. Also I like Annie's Song. I agree about the young whippersnappers. Lol. They kinda expect us not to know anything. My young friend was remarking about some 'elderly people' who maybe can email but are mostly technologically illiterate. Hmm. Those elderly people she was referring to are probably younger than I am, and I had to inform her that many of us not only email, but research, blog, text, Instagram, and have online shops that we take care of.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I understand you frustration with the younger generation. Thanksgiving is a great answer. It is always a favorite time of year for me. So many great song choices you have listed. Love the Fall colors.