1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list? We absolutely watched the eclipse. It was a big event at Wadley High School and we took the students out to the football field with their glasses for it. You could see the eclipse as it moved across the sky in our special glasses....but it did not get dark here like they said it would....so sad. I made a decision to be where there is totality in 2024 when the next one happens. Most of our teachers passed out Moon Pies, Sunkist, Milky Ways, and Starbursts.
2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'? I am over the moon about singing with the girls again in Still Magnolias. We got to sing together for the first time in two years on Saturday night. It was awesome. What do I enjoy doing every once in a while???? Don't laugh....but eating a Moon Pie. Every now and then I actually crave one.
I have to agree with Joyce. We have hummingbirds and the ins and outs of the little fellows amaze me. I love to watch them fly, fight, eat. I am also amazed by storms and the majesty and power of lightening. When I was a child squalls before a hurricane absolutely fascinated me.
4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child? I remember going to Davis' 5 & 10 for new school supplies and hearing the wooden floors squeak under our feet, getting a real cigar box for pencils from the cigar store, my first day dress, the new shoes I got and how they hurt my feet til I got them stretched out. First days and last days have always been my favorites....
5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.
daddy-warmth, comfort - It is well with my soul..
dream-I too have always been a dreamer.
Dreams awaken what could be's in my heart and mind..
squalls/storms- awaken life with in me
Lightening - show me the majesty of God and all his power. There is a bit of fear that is experienced with the majesty.
Love - unconditionally given by me, to me, for me....no questions asked....just love.
6. Insert your own random thought here. The first football game starts this week with a Jamboree. Do schools in your areas do this? It is a showcase of the teams. This week our theme is going to be Beach the Bulldogs and the kids will be dressed up in Beach Attire. I am not a huge fan of this dress up thing....it causes the kids to be less than focused. I feel they should do all this during the pep rallys....not during the day.. What about you? How do you feel about pep rallys and dress up during school?