Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, December 6, 2008

What You See Is What You Get?

What you see is not always what I see....or what you get? I got out my passport the other day to see if it was current....and got my driver's license out to see if it looked like me....I had to admit....the more I looked at it....and the more I begged God to not let it look like me....it did....and does.....I am who I am.

Yet I worry, what will people think? When it comes to my appearance....but you know....God thinks we are fine just like we are. He made us.....Oh my....I must have found another idol....my image....so here I go.....sinning again.

You know when it comes to idols in my life....there is only one way to loose their hold.....repent, replace, rejoice. I know to know that bad boy specifically....in order to repent.....that is the only way I can take away it's power over me.....I have to identify it as a lie and understand that it is dangerous.....after I repent....I have to replace it with Christ....then rejoice......In the song, "Farther Along" there is a life lesson on idols we should all follow....." Tempted and tried we're oft made to wonder. Why it should be thus, all the day long. While there are others, living around us. Never molested, though in the wrong. There is no magic formula.....no money back guarantee...and you will not see a perfected you in 30 days.....but you will have inner peace and forever satisfaction. Praise God for His love, satisfaction, and being.

Bless you all, K

No comments: