1. Are you settling for something? I looked at Joyce's meanings of the word settle, and the phrases make-do, and put up with seemed to grab my attention. I sat and thought a long time over this and I have to be honest and say yes, I suppose I am settling for a certain amount in my life. I don't get to live in the same city as my daughter and come June will not live in the same country, and just like Joyce I would absolutely love, but I'll settle for, and make the best of, whatever time we do get to spend together. Hubs and I would love to be to do but instead I will stay where I am and settle for the time I get to spend with her. And yes, Joyce, it is true that life isn't always perfect, but less than perfect can be pretty okay too.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day? NO! I posted a blog about this last week. I realize that there are people who NEED to work on Thanksgiving.... nurses will be working and for that I am glad....soldiers will be working....and for that I am glad.....and last year we went to see Frank's sister for Thanksgiving and ate at a restaurant that was open until 3....but I will not be hanging out at Wal-Mart and I am not a Black Friday Fan so I won't be out at midnight to get a 100.00 TV.
3. Speaking of shopping...I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul. Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash? I have shopped in only a few of these and I loved shopping in New York, London(Covent Gardens was my favorite), Milan, and Paris. But then I also loved shopping in Venice and Florence too.
4. When did you last dine by candlelight? Every time we eat at Pizza Villa in LaGrange, GA.
5. What do you have too much of? Stuff would have to be my answer as long as I am still dealing with my mother's hoarding things. Maybe one day it will all be gone. I am shooting for Christmas next year.
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you see the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? Definitely a fan! I loved the books, and enjoyed the first movie. The second book was my favorite of the three, so I'm looking forward to seeing Catching Fire
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what..especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!) then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
I am in Panama City Beach with my family and we have been here since late Monday night. I am going to get up first thing and try and watch my school band - The BRHS Pride marching in the Chicago Thanksgiving Parade on WGN Chicago. We will be cooking and then we will sit down and say grace and chow down on a roasted turkey (Amanda is working on it right now), ham, green beans, pumpkin pie, deviled eggs, a relish tray, caramel cake, red velvet cake, greens, sweet potatoe soufflé (Ruth Chris Steakhouse version), dressing and two casseroles. There will be about 25 to 30 of us for the meal. After eating we will sit around and sing. I cannot wait! Thanksgiving is always a special time in my family.8. Share Your Random Thought - What a great time to be celebrating National Family Week. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Enjoy your meal and your friends and family.