1. Describe love using all five senses- Sight would be first. The sight of my daughter on Skype, the sight of my grandchildren when they facetime me, the sight of my daughter at the Atlanta Airport at midnight when I picked her up to take her to her dad. Sound would be second - Frank calling me his special name for me. The sound of Kats voice at the airport when we missed each other, the sound of my son praying out loud, the sound of my son and his family singing Praise songs in their living room. Smell-the scent of the cologne Austin, Frank and Eric had on this past week. Taste-The taste of all the foods that people brought out of love to Eric and Roulain's....foods cooked with love.....
Touch is one I have experienced a lot this past week. The hugs of so many friends and family....at the funeral home and the house. The feel of Frank's hand in mine as we walked into the funeral home together.
2. February is Canned Food Month. What's your favorite food that comes straight from a can?
Allen's cut green beans. I can eat them right out of the can and prefer them to fresh most of the time. I love green beans. Fresh are my favorite...and steamed is the best way to eat them...with some crunch still in them.....
3.A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas). You can read the letter here. It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs?
I don't think it's worth making a federal case over, but I find it a little disappointing we have to tell adults not to wear their pjs out in public. I never go out dressed THAT casual. I may wear shorts and flip flops....but I am not in my pajamas. My clothes also fit....there is not any body part hanging out.
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck...which is most prevalent in your wardrobe? It is winter here and turtlenecks abound in my wardrobe. Once spring gets here you will see v-necks and crew necks. I wear soft t-shirt shirts...year round.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
Late afternoon is my snack downfall. I set an alarm....but am up before it goes off every single day. I do check social media before bed, although I'm more inclined to play a game of Words With Friends, Trivia Crack, or Word Chum than check Facebook. I can't check facebook at work....so I usually read it once in the morning....and once when I get home from work. I don't look at it much after that.
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best? The house on Georgia Ave was across the street from Palm Beach High School and I loved seeing all the teenagers. The El Prado house was in an awesome neighborhood filled with children my age.....I met Carol, Susan, Kathy, and Donna there.
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story? The Blindside.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I grew up loving musicals. One (of my many) of my favorites is Oklahoma. My favorite song is "Oh What A Beautiful Morning." That song makes all the dark clouds lift on sad days. What is your favorite song that is attached to a movie.