Happy Hodgepodge everyone! It's nice to be back on the blog today. If you've answered this week's questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then run say hello to your neighbor here. Here we go-
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
I will be spending Thanksgiving in Gulf Shores with Linda, Amanda, and Susan and their spouses. I cannot wait!
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
Read a book or watch the Hallmark Christmas Movies!
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
Into the pages of a book, to the beach, or up to the mountains.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
I am a music lover....so I have to say lots. Lots! Going with the first few that popped into my head-Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin, Shackles by Mary Mary, Sister Acts version of Oh Happy Day, Happy Together by the Turtles.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
Chick-Fil A on Friday was the last fast food I have eaten. We have not eaten there in a while and it was very tasty. My perfect happy meal would include mixed fruit, a salad, and some form of chicken.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I blog because it makes me happy. I began when I was dealing with my mom and Alzheimer's and my dad's dying of cancer. It was survival at that time. I love to write and it keeps my mind functional.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
My husband who has a huge heart and helps take care of others, Face Time, Skype, and Instant Messenger so I can talk with my daughter in Moldova.,
8. Insert your own random thought here. When you were in school how many days did you get out for Thanksgiving vacation. We only got out for Thursday and Friday. Now, we have a whole week. I am excited for a fall break!