Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Time Ups and Downs

Happy Spring  to one and all! Here are my answers to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you want to play along then copy and answer on your own blog, then run back over to Joyce's blog by clicking here and add your link to the party. See you there!


1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?  Getting Income Taxes ready to turn into the Preparer.  Stuff was moved all over the place when I was in the hospital and I am still finding receipts and such.
2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.  Alas, I did not have a made up word when I was a kid.  My mom was a stickler on using words that really existed.  This carried over to my children as well.  If she thought you were using a made up word you would have to go get the dictionary, look it up, write 5 sentences using it.....so I made sure I never used them.
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?  I will be cleaning out drawers, vacuuming furniture and drapes, moving furniture around, wiping down ceiling fans, and several other small activities. These excite me.  I find stuff I did not know I was missing.   I will save the big stuff for after school gets out.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?  An Affair to Remember and Saturday Night Fever.  Paris would be Ratatoille (spelled wrong I know).
5. What's put a spring in your step this month?  Spring Break for my school system begins on Friday.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?  I did not ever want to be a teacher.  I wanted to be someone who bummed around the world and wrote in her journal and was published for her amazing works.....or work at the BBC in London on some grand Shakespearean project.....I ended up being a teacher....and feel that was the road best taken. I guess the Father really does know best.   I love my job.

7.  What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?  My favorite floral scent is lavender, hands down. I am allergic to a lot of florals....ie gardenias....but I love the smell of flowers.    I have lavender all over my house in live and essential oil format.  I love florals in food....if they are edible.  I even like wines with some floral notes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.  My 45th class reunion is this summer.  Susan and I have attended a few of ours and left the hubby's at home.  We have really enjoyed meeting up with our classmates, finding out what they are doing, and hanging out with each other....oh! and reliving our lives growing up....by visiting places that only exist in our memories.  This year I think we are going to make a trip of it and bring the guys with us.  The other side of reunions:  I went to Frank's 30th in Fort Walton, Florida.  We went to the mixer on Friday......I had a blast.....he was miserable.....and we did not go back on Saturday.  Have you ever attended a class reunion and how did you feel about it?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for your visit. I enjoyed reading your post. I think that was a great idea of your Mum's for using words. Made up words can be fun but it's always important to extend our vocabulary. Probably why I love doing crosswords! Never been to a reunion of my own but did attend a uni one of hubby's that was fun. It was an informal event organised by a group of his dorm mates but at the university in Loughborough - it has it's own conference centre with hotel facilities now.