1. When was the last time you chatted with a neighbor? About what? (sharing that last bit is optional)
Frank and I chatted with our neighbors on Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs. Peggy was in the yard so Frank walked over to check on her husband who had been in the hospital and then we went to the Assisted Living to see Mrs. Mildred who is there doing rehab from a car wreck. We live in a small town and neighbors talk to each other. My favorite venue for talking with neighbors is sitting on the front porch with my Porch People.
2. River, lake, ocean, or waterfall...which one are you most like and why?
I choose ocean and waterfall. I love them both.
3. July 13 is National Delaware Day. Ever been to Delaware? Delaware is called 'the first state' because it was the first to declare independence from the British. What's your state's nickname and does that moniker make sense to you? If you were in charge, what nickname would you give your home state? We've been to Delaware many times. The official state nickname of Alabama is "The Yellowhammer State". It also called "The Heart of Dixie" and "The Cotton State". The yellowhammer is a bird. I am ok with the nickname.
4. What dish did you contribute to the last pot luck meal you attended? Do you have a go-to recipe for pot luck suppers? I made buffalo chicken rollups. OMG they were awesome! The men of my church stood there and ate them off the serving plate. It was a recipe I got on Pinterest and there was not one piece left. My go to dishes are usually baked beans, poppy seed chicken. hash brown casserole, and cobblers.
5. What is your number one tip for a brand new parent? I have to agree with Joyce on this one....Trust your instincts, and remember parenting is a thousand moments spread out over the course of a lifetime. Having a bad moment or even a bad day doesn't make you a bad parent. Rest in the knowledge that the maker of heaven and earth knows your little one by name and loves him more than you can fathom.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
If you could name your child something else....once they have developed a personality of their own....what would you choose? My daughter....Kathryn Leigh (and I love her name...and call her Kat)....loves lavender fields and sunflower fields. She and hubby, Brian are missionaries in Moldova...there a tons of lavender fields and sunflower fields. I should have named her Lavender Blue....or Sunflower....after all....her mom was a child of the 60's and 70's.