Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Long Weekend

This past weekend was a holiday weekend for both my husband and I. How cool is that? We decided to take a trip to Nashville to visit with two of my favorite people, Missi and Clay. I love going to see them....because we don't have to do stuff. it is not a weekend of running here and there. Visiting with them is a weekend of rest, relaxation, and revival. It was wonderful! On Saturday we stopped in at the Cokesbury and LifeWay bookstores. Never let it be said that we showed favoritism between the Methodists and Baptists. We left money in both places. On to the house where we cooked together, played cards, and watched old movies in front of a fireplace. Sunday was a gorgeous day and after a hearty breakfast we went to Grimeys and the OpryMills Mall. I love holding hands with my husband as we walk through crowds. It makes me feel protected and loved ....and special. Missi and I opted to have a hydro massage....and to be honest ....it did me in. The pressure of the water.....the heat....loverly.....the only thing that bothered me was the water on the backs of my thighs and feet....I am sooooo ticklish. We ate supper, watched more old movies, and enjoyed being together. Monday was return to reality time....and return we did. I found myself getting aggitated the closer we got to the house. Outside B'ham I had to stop myself and ask...."What is up with this?" My little voice...came back saying....reality check girlfriend....you are almost home and home is where the parents are. A small groan escaped from my thoughts. I had actually had a whole weekend....with no concerns about my parents....and the closer I got to the house....the more they were piling in on me. I closed my eyes briefly and asked God to keep me refreshed...and felt myself relaxing again....until my phone rang and my mother's ranting about us not being home....broke into my reverie. I bowed my head once more....enjoyed the moment....and finished the trip....God is so good to me. I know that he is not going to put anymore on me than I can handle....even though the devil sometimes makes it seem like he does. He doesn't. I returned home....loving my parents....and loving God for letting me love them. PTL.....revival trips are a good thing. Thanks Missi and Clay for the place to crash, the wonderful meals, and the great company....you both are the best!

No comments: