Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, January 28, 2008

5 Wonderful Years

Saturday was my fifth anniversary. Five Years! Wow! Who would have ever thought that five years would pass so fast. I truly believe that I am married to my lifelong friend and companion. I woke up on Saturday morning and thought about the day Frank asked me to marry him and the day we tied the knot. Our church has had more expensive weddings....but mine was the best...I think every bride feels that way.....but mine was the first wedding to ever take place in the Arbor....and the first to take place at the end of a service. It was a wonderful day....all our friends were there.....and Frank had never looked more handsome. Well....that is not true....Frank always looks handsome...especially in a suit. After that day.....we have lived a whirlwind life. Frank went on an Emmaus walk two weeks after we got married....and the seed was planted for what has been happening this past year. These past five years have been interesting to say the least. Who would have thought five years ago that I would become a preacher's wife. It amazes me every week to see my husband grow as a spiritual leader and guide. I cannot wait for him to get through with licensing school and start doing all the fun stuff at the church like infant baptisms, weddings, communion. He has the sweetest demeanor when he stands before his congregation. He holds his power cross in his hand and sometimes grips it til his fingers turn red. I have to smile on those days. Anyone would think he was most comfortable standing before a group and speaking....but I know better. Five years....and I am so thankful to God for this wonderful godly man I call my husband. I look forward to many more years....many more churches....many more wonderful adventures. Thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing.

No comments: