1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older? Worst first....my body is falling apart. I have arthritis in my knees and now have to see the doctor on a regular basis....not just once a year for a check up. The best thing about growing older is all the things I have accomplished, am accomplishing, and still hope to accomplish (espcially when I retire in 2 years).
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season? The colors....and I know you said only one thing....but I have to say.... and the smell (cinnamon, apples, pumpkins). I love fall.
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage? I love pumpkin....I make a killer Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle, I love pumpkin bread/cake, I love pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I do refrain and treat myself occassionally....they have 49 grams of sugar and a grande one is 380 calories. Ouch. But you know the old saying...if it tastes good it can't be good for you.
2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used Splenda version)
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
Directions: Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken? The day before the first day of school just shortly after moving to Rock Mills...I fell in a rabbit hole just off our carport. I met the Rock Mills Volunteer Fire Dept that way....in my pajamas...early on a Sunday morning. I looked like rip....my knee and ankle were both hurt. The ambulance took me to the hospital.....and I was mortified.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose? James Bond's Aston Martin.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week? I am an English Teacher at heart....eventhough I teach Spanish....it is still a language....and I am fascinated with words. Quixotic - Extremely romantic and chivalrous and Sesquipedalian- One who uses long words. I have a student who used this word on me this week describing himself. I will be honest and tell you that I had to look it up...and yes, he was correct and he does....arrogantly.
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal? It would have been a big deal. I can't remember the last time I did this. It is not something I do on a habitual/regular basis. The last time I did the police let me in my car. They don't do that anymore.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I love....and I mean LOVE pumpkin stuff. With that in mind....did you know that the current world record for biggest pumpkin ever is a massive 1,725 pounds! I don't know about you....but I find that rather impressive. That would make a lot of pies, spiced lattes, trifles, bread, cake....