I love awards. I love getting them....I love giving them....I love watching people get them. They make me smile. When my precious friend Jerri sent me this award I was so honored and thrilled. I got all warm and fuzzy when I realized that I had been given this award. I hope the people I chose feel the same way.
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is an interesting award because it requires that the nominated person tell of seven things about themselves that their readers do not know, and for them in turn to nominate seven other lady bloggers who they feel deserve this award as well.
I put off responding to the award til today because I don't think there's seven things about me that you don't know. You all know me. I am the tell-all kind of girl. After 1353 posts, there's just not much left to tell.
1. When I was a child I wanted to be a rich singer and buy my mom a powder blue convertible Lincoln continental.
2. When I was young and foolish I wanted to be a Powderpuff Derby Driver.
3. I want to spend a month in Ireland writing.
4. I want to see all 50 United States. So far I am lacking 2.
5. All my life I have wanted to surf the Pipeline in Hawaii. When I finally did get there and could...the water was as flat as glass....wrong season.
6. I always wanted to live in a cabin high in the mountains where I could write.
7. I wanted to get my PhD. Then life got in the way.
Here are the seven people I decided to award this to. I chose them carefully and each one means something different to me.
1. Random Thoughts...From Trina - Trina and I work with each other and I adore her. She has been a rock many times when I was slipping and sliding. Her smile lights up my day. We both love many of the same things.
2. Sweet Tea - I love this blogger. She is the funniest thing I know. Her posts brighten my day most every day. The funniest thing...is I love tea....only unsweet. Here choice of name makes me laugh. Here in Alabama Sweet Tea is the Table Wine of the South.
3. This Is The Year and my sweet friend Xazmin. She is an amazing blogger. So full of warmth and humor. She is also very very creative and her designs are wonderful.
4. Robin at Be Still And Know. She is so full of fun and life. I look forward to reading her each week.
5. Debby at Just Breathe She loves Christmas as much as I do. I love looking at her ornaments. She thrills me each time I read her and she makes me feel amazing.
6. Mary at Life In A Small Town - I have met her in person and think she is amazing. She lives in one of my favorite places and areas....Knoxville and the Smokeys. She rocks and I have loved getting to know here through blogging and in person.
7. Sissy at The Ladner's Latest - she was my intern, she is adorable and one of the most precious people you will ever meet. She is expecting a little girl in February. She is an amazing baker. After living in Hawaii for several years, she and her husband have been relocated to Florida.
See you tomorrow. I can't wait to see what Linda-Jo's topic is going to be. It makes me want to sit up til midnight so I can get a head start. Just kidding. I have morning duty this week and will be in the bed with the chickens.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago