Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Lonely

It is one of my favorite days.  I look forward to this meme - Five Minute Friday.  It is such a great release to just get a word....and write....for five straight minutes...on the subject.  Want to participate?Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s finger paint with words. Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along: 1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can the grab the button code in Lisa-Jo's blog footer}. 3. Go and comment on the post of the person who linked up before you. This is the one rule of this community. It’s a great way to catch your breath at the end of a long week.
 
Lonely

Go: 
I felt a poem today.  Frank is gone to school this weekend and I am going to be home by myself.  I don't sleep well when he is not there.  I hear every single creak the house makes, I hear every blade of grass blowing in the wind.  I feel lonely and I am not even home from work yet.  There are people wandering the hallways all around me...and yet...I am sitting here at my desk..feeling empty.


(photo from Cades Cove - taken by Don Hodge)


Lonely Is…

 
…a silent, steady rain falling.

…a cold, bitter winter wind blowing.

…sad songs on the radio.

…one....just me.

…a starless night.

…parting with someone who makes your world go round.

…love gone wrong.

…love to soon.

…an ocean at low tide.

…forgotten friends.

…hopes and dreams dashed on the rocks of time.

…me

…without you.

STOP!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing harder than returning to an empty home. May the absence make the heart grow fonder and you find something special to do with your "alone time".

Christy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com