1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you? Freedom. It means there were people who gave their lives so I could have it. I have watched my father (U.S. Navy) stand and cry during the singing of the national anthem. I am proud of all my military family....and those I have never even met. Tis day makes me feel very humbled by the bravery they display.
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline? Not an easy task for me. Saving Private Ryan. When We Were Soldiers, Green Beret, Pearl Harbor, Top Gun, and the list goes on.
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu? I did get a flu shot. I had the flu once, it was several years ago but it's not something I care to ever have again, so since then I've had a flu shot every year.
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are you thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November? I am a firm believer in each holiday gets its own day. This year I put my Christmas tree up the day before Halloween because my daughter and SIL were home from Moldova and we had Christmas on Halloween. Once the party was over. I turned the lights off and have not had them on since. I will NOT turn them on until the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving. I think all the ruckus is ridiculous....and what does it matter what color the Starbucks cup is.....griefus!
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
I don't like spiders, snakes, or cockroaches.....rats are pretty high on my life too. I don't things that rattle, slither, scurry.....just not a fan of critters.
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'? Not really. I designed the inside of two of the houses I lived in....and it almost cost me my marriage.
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life? Colored leaves and crisp temperatures, my church, my family, and my friends.
8. Random Thought - Big family Thanksgiving or small quiet one? Which would you prefer? Which one will you be having? I have a huge family and we have always done things up as big and loud as it will come. This year we gathered for Christmas at Halloween with Kat and Brian. So we will be having Thanksgiving on the Saturday before Thanksgiving with the Porch People and it will be loud and big....my favorite kind. Thanksgiving Day itself....will be quiet and intimate.