Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, January 29, 2016

Getting Inside My Head

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rules, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12).  I am a sensory learner and there are certain things that help me remember facts.  This was quite useful when I was in school.  I would make up little jingles to remember important facts.  I still love commercial jingles.  There are certain television jingles that drive my husband crazy. As soon as he sees a tiny little snippet of said commercial he is hitting the guide button on the remote. I guess I am lucky....he could press the mute button.  When I see one of those commercials  I end up with the silly song in my head for the rest of the day.  Frank doesn't  give it a chance to enter his mind. It’s the same way with the lies the enemy tries to make us believe. We are in a spiritual battle for our minds. And while we often think difficult people or irritating circumstances are the source of the problems, Paul tells us to look past the obvious and go to the root cause.  “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,” Paul begins, “but against the rules, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). As long as we think our foe is a mere mortal, the enemy is sittin’ pretty. But we know the enemy’s true identity. Right?  This spiritual battle is described as a “struggle.” It literally means “wrestling” or “hand-to-hand” combat.    Jesus won the victory over sin and death when He died on the cross and rose again. Satan was defeated. Yet, here on earth we continue to do battle....because Satan won't leave us alone.
This warfare is nothing to fear. God has given us sufficient armor to combat the enemy. We have the power of the Holy Spirit working in us, the power of Jesus’ shed blood over us, and the power of God’s Word under our feet.   I think this is why it is so important not to let the lies penetrate our thought processes.  So the next time you hear a voice whispering a lie such as, “You can’t do anything right”; “You’re a poor excuse for a Christian,” or “You don’t have what it takes,” in your ear....it is time to shut that channel down.  Don’t let that jingle get stuck in your head. It’s not worth listening to...unless you take your jingle and set a bible verse to it.  Frank and I went to an auction with some friends this past weekend.  It was an auction where people pull up their trucks, unload, and have thirty minutes to sell their wares.  Once their thirty minutes is done....the next person pulls up....and it continues until all have had a chance to see....then it starts over.  I was so excited....but disappointment slipped in quickly.....it was junk....JunQue....another man's treasure (but not mine)......as I sat there I thought about all the junk that the Devil deals us....and I found myself getting up in arms.  I did not want this junk......and I don't know about you....but I don't want to buy any of Satan's trash. 

No comments: