1. Speaking of skating...when did you last 'skate on thin ice', 'skate over the details', 'encounter a cheapskate', or just plain skate? I was in the line at Walmart. The elderly lady who was two in front of me lacked a quarter having enough to pay her bill. The man between us told her rather nastily to just put something back. I could tell she had stuff she needed so I moved behind her and gave the checker a ten dollar bill. When she pulled out the change I nodded to the elder lady and let her know that I wanted her to give her the change. I got such a blessing....the man in front of me showed the store what a cheapskate he was.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age? Retirement, social security,...health insurance.
3. What's your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions? My engagement ring. Before we got serious, Frank asked me if I would rather have an heirloom ring....or something new. I told him that the heirloom would definitely win hands down. He took me at my word. The diamond I wear was my husbands mothers and I love it. She was thrilled when he gave it to me and I accepted it. It is very simple but full of so many memories.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover's Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese? I am not a huge cheese lover....but when I eat it on a sandwich I love Colby jack. I do think that mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. I had some from lunch last Friday.
5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes? Political comments and when people talk about the school system....like they work there and know what is going on.
6. Your favorite book series? I am not a huge series fan....Nancy Drew when I was young would have to be my choice....I could not wait for the next installment to come in the mail.
7. Why did you choose your profession? Funny you should ask.....If you had known me before I became a teacher you would have never believed it....people I know from my past still shake their heads. I hated high school and could not wait to get out. I wanted to be a Social Worker....but back in the day they were a dime a dozen and you could not find a job. A friend of mine suggested I look in to teaching because I had a great rapport with kids. I took a few more classes and voila! I love my job. I have been doing this for nearly 30 years and look forward to every single day.
8. Insert your own random thought here. When I was young we had Family Game Night at the Sasser house every Thursday night. Each week someone would pick a board or card game and we would play as a family. Friends were always welcome to come and participate. My friends loved it. I tried to establish the ritual when my children were small....but it did not work well. We still took time to play board games. I still love to play board games...especially trivia ones. How about you? Do you play board games? What is your favorite one?