1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar. My daughter was born 36 years ago on June 23rd. That makes my heart sing.
2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year? I just got back from the beach. I am careful, I wear sunscreen, I turn red then tan. I do not see a dermatologist every year but I do have my doctor check out any weird spots.
3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'. I got my Masters Degree with three children all actively involved in sports and school(I have studied in the bleachers during a basketball game), doing all the household chores, and working full time. About half way through I was tired and wanted to give up. I almost did.....but my advisor talked to me and I stayed the course.
4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics?
One? You only want me to pick one? Griefus! Again with the pick one? My favorite is
Monday, Monday by the Mama's and the Papa's. On it's heals would be Come Monday by Jimmy Buffet.
5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin? I love berries. Blueberries and strawberries are my favorite, but when it comes to berries I'm really not picky. I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast on Friday and we had strawberry shortcake last night for dessert. On Memorial Day we ate a mixed berry pie. During the summer berries are a staple. As far as picking a favorite between blueberry pancakes, yogurt, or muffins....my answer would be.....yes. I love them all.
6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday? See my daughter. She and her husband are missionaries in Moldova. I hope I get to see them in October.
7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I love summer! How about you?
I love having lunch at Dusty's Oyster Bar on Front Beach Road. The atmosphere is most entertaining.
I love naps in the outdoors. Obviously Kruze does. She slept close to three hours right here and never moved.
I have to brag a bit and tell you.....I love my husband....he rented a cart while we were in Florida to give Keaton (stroke victim) some mobility and we enjoyed it with the whole McCarley family. The kids really got a kick out of it. We took the family to Pier Park one night so the kids could ride the train, etal....and when we got them back to the motel there was no coaxing them to sleep.