Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! So glad you're here today! If you've answered the questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then run say hello to the neighbor who linked before you. Here we go-


1. Pokemon Go...your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
I don't know at all what it is, but I do know it involves people running in pairs and groups all while looking down at their phones as opposed to where they are and what's right in front of them. Do we really need more of this? Ugh!  I know there have been some deaths because of this and I know the police have been called locally because it has frightened some of the elderly.  It reminds me of Street D & D and I think it is dangerous.

2.  What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?  I never collected anything as a child.  AT Christmas my mom would make me clear out toys to make room for new ones and then I would donate them to the Salvation Army Toy Drive.  My daughters  collected Barbie Dolls and Beanie Babies.  Eric collected scale cars.  I never camped out or ran all over town for a particular 'fad' and never paid more than the regular price for a collectible. 

3. 'Collect moments, not things'...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
I have collected a lot of moments this year.  Frank and I spent a week together at PCB.  We held hands, we kissed, we enjoyed ourselves.  I spent time with my dear friend Susan, I spent a few days in Michigan with Susan and Amanda, I helped with VBS and had a blast!
4.  What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
I am going to be honest and say I'm not highly motivated to dust my house just now. I will have it done by the time school starts back on August 1st.

 5. A favorite song relating to time?  I love the song Joyce chose and so I am going to use it too.


 
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
Hmmm...my most frightening was probably the time a dog attacked me when I was 3. I was playing across the street from our house and a Rotweiler knocked me down and stood over me growling and slobbering.  I do not like big dogs to this day.

7.  On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
No. There's not enough Dramamine in the world to fly me to the moon. I'm truly thrilled there are explorers, astronauts, brave men and women who push the boundaries of space and time to show us what's out there. I'm just not one of them. Amen Joyce, well said!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
When did you start school?  When does school start where you live?  Before or after Labor Day.

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember my sister camping out to get a Cabbage Patch Doll for her daughter's. Amber is 7 years younger than my sisters oldest so getting them wasn't an issue by then. Your time with Frank at PCB sounds perfect. I'm with you on the dusting, it can wait! That is a great song choice. I think the kids start mid August here. I liked the fact that when my kids were in school it always started after Labor Day.

Christine said...

I was petrified of dogs until we moved to a farm and had to get a farm dog. We had the most terrifying dogs across the street from our house when I was little. They were always chained up to the garage, and when anyone would walk by, they'd snarl and bark and growl and put up a big, scary fuss. A few times they got loose and came straight for us. I remember my mom beating them off with a broom long enough for us to get in the house. A few other run-ins with dogs as a kid cemented my fear.
I can only imagine the terror you felt pinned by that dog.
Your summer moments sound lovely! Where is PCB?
School starts for my high school kids on Aug. 4. Elementary on Aug. 9. It seems very early, but they did get out way back on May 25. Almost 10 weeks of summer isn't too shabby. :)