The Hodgepodge is back in action this week, and here are the questions you need to answer in order to participate. Answer on your own blog, then hop back over to Joyce's by clicking here to add your link to the party. Here we go-
1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games? I love the Olympics and yes, I am watching. My favorite summer events are gymnastics and swimming. Watching Flo Jo run, watching Nadia Commenich work the gymnastics arena. There have been so many amazing athletes and so many nail-biting finishes.....I LOVE watching the Olympics.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person? I have never been to Rio. I have never been to Greece. I attend two soccer games when the Olympics were in Atlanta.
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain. Our school year has begun and this year everything is about targets. It is the years catch all phrase. I have to admit many of our classrooms contain these phrases in some form or another.
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently? No gold medal for me. I have been so busy getting both of my rooms ready to Monday I have dropped the ball in others. Once I get my school sea legs I will be so ready.
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy? No gold medal here for sure even though I am a diabetic. This should BE my goal....but I miss the mark here more than I hit it.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain. I work with teenagers and think I am pretty young at heart.....most of the time.....but right now....I am exhausted.....from the first week of school craziness and I feel like an old soul.
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today? No S'mores for me today. My day is so full I will be delighted if I get to eat supper before I fall asleep....besides they are no good for someone who is a diabetic.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I got a wild hair about redoing my room this year. It started with a simple pair of curtains for my windows...and escalated into a full fledged make-over....Frank painted my room.....and I LOVE it....and so do the kids. Oh and my next door neighbor teachers did my outside hall to match theirs, because I was out last Friday for Frank's graduation from Course of Study School. So....What say you? Like it? Hate it? Three walls are Americas Cup Navy and one wall is Classic Gold. I am loving my room.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago