1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August? I like the make your own cookbook and the letter writing. I think I will add letter writing to my August and I better hurry because August is half over. I used to love writing letters to people....I wonder what happened? Oh yeah....email.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain. Agree. If we had everything we wanted, we would not be happy. Most people who get all they want are miserable.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds. I love it! My best finds were a first edition John Grisham book and a rare edition Shakespeare book. I know you are all going....what???? I was teaching English at the time and this book was a big help. I truly believe that one man's trash is another man's treasure.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear? Mine is a 10+. Any vacation from school from one day to a month...I love to pack a bag and hit the road.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so? Marathon.....Somethings just seems to go on and on........but...there are a few sprints thrown in there to keep life interesting.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives? I need to get ;my fall decorations spruced up and make a few more.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? Traveled to Michigan.
8. Second week of school is half over. Is it just me or does time seem to be moving faster?