1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
My dad's mom was called Grandmother. She was very austere and refused to have any other moniker given to her. My mom's mother was Little Grandmother/Granny. She was a very tiny lady and most of the grandkids were taller than she was. I did not have a grandfather on my dad's side living when I was born and my mom's dad was Granddaddy, Grandfather, or Tige. My moniker is Nana K. Eric and Roulain's kids call her mom Nana V.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? What's one tourist attraction along the coast you'd add to your must-see list?
I have done the entire PCH. I love the California Coast. I adore Santa Barbara, San Diego, Carpinteria.....I would love to go and do it again.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do? Knit, Ice fancy cupcakes, really crochet
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true, what and how will you celebrate? Peacefulness -“Stop caring about what other people think of you, how they perceive you, or if they approve of you. Start to focus on your inner peace.” I sit in the shade of my big tree....and listen to my Corinthian chimes as they lull me into peace.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds? I do not love almonds or coconut.... and would turn down an Almond Joy or a macaron. I swap out almonds for walnuts or pecans.
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house? Coffee on the porch with each other and breakfast at Jeff's Place with Beth at 8. I love Saturdays and don't want my routine interrupted.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter. Love Does by Bob Goff. I am doing a facetime/Skype study with my daughter in Moldova. I am loving this book. I also read and reviewed on my blog Control Girl It too was pretty amazing.8. Insert your own random thought here. I am back. After 14 days in UAB hospital and a month off of work....I am back at work and healing. It was a long, hard, end of the year.