Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Fishing for Wednesday Hodge Podge Answers


Here are the questions and my answers to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog then hop back over to Joyce's blog by clicking here to share answers with all your friends and neighbors. Then hop around and comment on some of the other blogs.  Everyone loves a little bloggy love.  I know I do.   See you there!

1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life? 

I have been fishing many times and enjoy it a lot.  I have caught many fish, thrown some back, kept some for eating.  Right now the end of the school year is fast approaching and I would have to say fish or cut bait.  That is how I feel trying to get my seniors to do their work.

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?  My keys and my cell phone.  They seem to disappear in my purse.

3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?  Finding Nemo and Big Fish

4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.  I am sunrise.  Definitely a morning person and I love to get up early, grab a cup of coffee and watch the sun rise.  It makes my day.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?  It WAS a pair of Birkenstocks from the very early 80's.  I discarded them in January.  Now it is a jacket and sweatshirt from my early Auburn days.....1985.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?  I am so ready for a getaway.  Spring Break for us is the last week in March.  It cannot get here soon enough.  The worst part of winter so far....is one day it is cold....and the next day it is 70 and we are wearing shorts and flip flops.
7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?  I will not be celebrating....but if I did...frozen would be my choice since it is supposed to be 75 here today.  I love Jimmy Buffet and if I have to chose a favorite song it would be Come Monday.
8.  Insert your own random thought here. Do you know/watch the HGTV show, Fixer Upper?  I just finished reading the Magnolia Story about Chip and Joanna Gaines.  LOVED IT!

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I enjoyed reading your answers today. Enjoy your Spring break when it arrives. I've seen Chip and Joanna's show several times. Mark watches it so I will sometimes join him.

Joyce said...

I'm so out of the blog loop, but am so sorry to hear you've been in the hospital. I hope you're doing well now, that sounds like quite a lengthy stay! Love Does is one of my favorites : ) We complicated something that is really pretty simple, don't we?

Nonnie said...

I've never watched their show, but since Waco isn't too far from us, I have thought about making a day trip to see The Magnolia House. I wish the press would stop picking on them. You're the second person to mention the Big Fish. I'm going to check that out.

annies home said...

we have a house rule the keys always go in the same place a nail on the wall this way we never search for them well I should say never but there are times they dont get to the nail and then we have to search.

Lisa said...

enjoyed reading your answers today. Hope things are going much better for you now.