1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.
Right now! It is the end of the school year. My seniors have given up. There are sporting events that affect classes, there are plays, there are special events......and on top of that....Every teacher has some kind of field trip planned. I am lucky if I have half of my original class on any given day. I have to teach x amount of things....and I am truly flying by the seat of my pants trying to get it all in.
2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'? The School Board Executive Sessions.
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Why or why not? I love the calm of nature. I love stopping and smelling the roses and just the other day while I was smelling my knockout roses a gorgeous butterfly landing on my right shoulder. I just stood still and enjoyed it's beauty....and smiled.
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it's title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
I am going to have to borrow Joyce's movie. I too love the movie Fly Away Home based on the true story of the young girl and her dad who helped some baby geese get from their home in Canada to the warmer waters of North Carolina. Hummingbird by Seals and Croft would be my song. I love it when they finish it....with Come Fly Away...... I also want to agree with Joyce on her second movie, October Sky. It was awesome. I actually have been to the town where the Rocket Boys came from. It was awe inspiring. The book was Homer Hickam's memoir- Rocket Boys. Such a great story!
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way? Joyce and I seem to be cut from the same cloth. I would have to agree with her.Dusting. Eh. It just keeps coming around, doesn't it??? I do periodically give the house a thorough dusting, but a lot of times I'll be walking by a piece of furniture, will notice the dust, and do a quick wipe with the swiffer. Not the same as actual dusting which does need to happen on a more regular basis round here.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it. Spring break the week before last.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favorite dish made with garlic? I love garlic and cook with it fairly often. Not sure what we will be having on Thursday because we eat at Celebrate Recovery and our meal depends on what the Food Bank has to offer. My favorite dish made with garlic is Frank's homemade spaghetti sauce. Yum Yum.
8. Insert your own random thought here. This past weekend was Easter. In our town their was a scavenger hunt for the Easter Egg Bridge. It was a great place to take pictures and a good friend of mine did just that. Marcie, her daughter, and daughter in law took the three grandchildren and had a field day with cell phone cameras. The pictures are lovely.
Kaid is a Mr. GQ. He makes the best pictures.
Jett and Kruze are a precious brother and sister. They make my heart smile.
Kaid, Kruze, and Jett. I love these three with all my heart. Did you make the traditional Easter attire pictures this year???? I didn't make the first one.