Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wonderful News for a Stormy Wednesday

I am so very excited. Today was my father's last radiation treatment. He is through and none the worse for the wear. His chipperness has returned in a diminished capacity...but there. He still has hair...just not as much as he used to have. I want so to run my fingers through his hair like I did as a child....but the last time I touched his hair I brought a handful back with me...and it was a freaky feeling. I know my mom will be glad to be through with radiation....everyday...five days a week...gets old fast. She loves early morning appointments....and after his hospital stay....they lost that slot and had to go everyday at 2:00. That timing element curtailed their rambling a bit. His appetite is returning somewhat...although slowly. He bought some green beans, new potatoes and tomatoes at the Avondale truck farmer. I snapped them all (we will be eating beans for a while), and cooked them, the potatoes, some fresh squash, porkchops, cornbread, and sliced up tomatoes and onions. He ATE! I was tickled to see him put the veggies away. I will cook them for him everyday if he will eat them. So life at the Korb house is returning to some resemblance of normalcy and for that I am glad. The stress of the cancer treatments took their toll on all of us. It is not fun to see someone you love lose their hair, their appetite, their personality...everything! I realize that my dad is 83 years old and things will continue to arise and we will deal with each one as it comes. It is a good thing that God is on our side. I would hate to know we had to face this alone. I want to thank each of you who offered up a prayer for my dad's healing. I love this man. I love all of you! I stand before you today to let you know that prayer works. PTL!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad he's doing better. Bless him and all your family.

Jacki said...

yeaaaaaaaaaa for a great report!
Eating is AWESOME!! We have a big happy around here every time we can get Mike to eat!
With a menu like that....I may be over for supper!
I SOOOOOOO want a fresh tomato!

((Hugs))

Sweet Tea said...

Fantastic news!!
I am so happy for you and for HIM, and it's especially refreshing that you realize he is doing well because of prayer.
Blessing to you, GF!

Belle's Blog said...

Glad he is doing better . We finished chemo and I think we all looked 21 years older ! lol Wishing healing blessings all your way ! You ll be in my prayers.

Night Owl Mama said...

god bless your dad. Its always wonderful to hear when someone is in good spirits after going through so much. My prayers are with him.

Queenie Jeannie said...

So happy for your Dad!!! Best health wishes possible!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Priase God for such a great praise report! SOOOOO happy to hear this news! God bless him!

Xazmin said...

I'm so glad he's doing better Karen!

I'm so happy that you will all be able to enjoy Mother's Day weekend together with out the stress of treatments!