Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Project 365-Week 51

Well the countdown is on and there is only one more week until Christmas.  Am I done shopping....for the first time in 20 years I have to say, "no!"  Friday was our last day at school so I am hoping to finish up next week.  Everyone has gorgeous pictures posted this week so head over to Sara's and see what is happening in blogger world at Christmas.  Here is a glimpse into my life this week: 

Sunday, December 11th

Tonight was our Children's program at church.  I left morning church and went to sing at my friend Mary's funeral.  On the way home I saw these in our neighbor's yard and grabbed them.    Their house looks like a gingerbread house.  It is so precious.  Tommy and Sandra went all out this year.

Monday, December 12th

After guitar lessons on Monday night, Frank and I went down to Tommy and Sandra's to see her Coca Cola tree.  Everyone around here knows that I am all about decorations.  Sandra's were awesome.  I have never seen a deer mount decorated and loved it.  Her living room is full of deer and bear and looks just like something you would see in a cabin in the woods in the Smokies.  I loved it.

Tuesday, December 13th 

Tuesday night we met the Girl Scouts at the Armory to get the food they had collected for our food bank at church.  Then while we were headed to unload it at the church we got an emergency call for Santa.  We unloaded and ran home and Frank jumped into his Santa Phonebooth and out popped Santa and his elf P.J.  I grabbed a quick shot before they headed off to do their Christmas work.

Wednesday, December 14th



Frank has been working day and night in his workshop.  He has it set up now so that it runs like a fine oiled machine.  He has been making all kinds of things in there and on Wednesday invited me in to the "Man Cave" to see what he was up to.  I love the cross and the portrait.  He delivered them on Saturday and the mother was delighted.

Thursday, December 15th




We bowl on Thursday night and Frank had a couple of projects for Bill, Mary's husband, so we stopped by to visit before bowling.  I had to get some shots of his tree and yard.  I was with Mary when most of these were bought.  Each one has significance.  Mary and Bill love Mickey and Minnie, the beaver ornament has a light in the barrel that makes it look like fire....and reminds her of Maine, we both collect lighthouses, Bill makes birdhouses, and they are huge....and I mean huge Auburn fans.  The manger scene came back with us from our trip to Michigan in 2010.  It took up almost the entire back of the van.  

Friday, December 16th


I had a wedding rehearsal/dinner in Chandler Springs tonight.  The rehearsal dinner was in the fellowship hall and I got to grab a few shots of what we are in for on Saturday.  The colors were pink and silver and the bottom picture of the napkins and bows ....each table had them....each table had a different theme....and the groom's aunt did every one of them.  I think she started the day the engagement was announced.  Even the brides table was done around the base.  I am telling you it was lovely.  The jars of pink stuff...will be lit tomorrow and it was really beautiful in the hall.

Saturday, December 17th



While we were setting up to sing at the reception I grabbed a few shots more.  The bride's cake was made by my best friend, Deborah.  Angela is a nurse and her table was an ER heliport with little things that tell you about her.  The ornaments on the tree were clear ones filled with pink shredded paper.  They were so pretty.  Quinn's cake was made by Barbara and was red-velvet.  His table had things on it that are fireman/EMT things....and a Charlie Brown tree.


I grabbed two shots inside the church before the ceremony began.  Quinn's pink helmet was on the railing and there were three decorated trees with huge pink and silver bows topping them.  Pink poinsettias were everywhere.  After the service we moved them to the reception hall and put them in their places there.  When Amanda and I got ready to leave Quinn gave us each one.  I am going to put mine in the church today.  All in all it was a lovely week and I am glad to have the next two weeks off.  Have a wonderful week and I will be back next week with my final submission for 2011.

7 comments:

sara said...

Oh my word, I love the cross he made!!! it is GORGEOUS!!!

great decoration shots this week. I have to say, my choice to put up the minimal amount this year (due to all our travel) has made me a bit sad. I LOVE my house decorated and it just doesn't seem the same....

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Karen!
You have been going non-stop! You're gonna really deserve those 2 weeks off girl.

Thank you again for my awesome giveaway prizes, I'll be doing a post about it very soon!

Merry Christmas sweetie and have a very blessed New Year! Hugs, sherry

The Bug said...

Your Frank is so talented - from pastor to woodworker to Santa in a flash :)

I love all the decoration pictures you took this week - especially the wedding - gorgeous!

Robin Lambright said...

I agree...love the cross. My favorite kind of nativity's are the ones like you have pictures. I love all white ones!

Have blessed Christmas!

R

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Lots of wonderful pictures. I can't believe you have been doing this all year.

sandman7599@gmail.com said...

So funny...a few days ago I typed up a post about all my special ornaments! (It's scheduled to hit the blog in a couple of days)

riTa Koch said...

¡Lindas fotos, señora!

We had a deer mount on the wall of the great room, not worth restoring. Your photo reminded me. We will miss it. On the other hand, maybe our home will not be offensive to some people in the animal rights movement.

¡Feliz Navidad!