1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
Easy peasy.....Homemade ice cream, Disney World, summer days, lemonade, music would be a few that come to mind for me.
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
I hated school when I was in high school, but....I loved New Dawn (church youth choir) and I have to be honest some of my happiest memories from those years are associated with New Dawn and our youth group at church. We were a talented, funloving, Christian bunch of kids in various grades, who came together from three or four different high schools, and we were very tight knit. I loved singing with them and being a part of them throughout my high school years. Some of us have connected on facebook and that is really nice. There are many I would love to hear from but have no clue where they are.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the US last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize. Your thoughts? I personally believe that fast food restaurants do not pay fair wages....for that matter most restaurants don't. I worked my way through college waiting tables and was paid wait staff wage. I grew up in a union household and know that the union protected my father and our family throughout my growing up years. With that said....unions are not the answer for every issue and this is one of those. The workers need to realize that fast food is a job...temporary....hopefully not a lifelong career.....and minimum wage is a good wage for kids in school. I realize that it is not a good wage though for someone who is unemployed and looking to feed their family. $15.00 an hour is way too much to pay the laborers. Once employers are forced to make union wages....then they begin to let go of employees....and the prices of the commodity go up....it is a lose-lose situation I think.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey? I don't use a lot of honey, I love it in hot tea and that is about it. I like it on pancakes and waffles. I use it occassionally to cook with.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt inside-out, or some leftover lunch between their teeth, do you say something or do you keep quiet?If I know you I'd retuck your tag, tell you that there is something between your teeth, or let you know if a button were undone. If I can do it without embarrassing you. If I don't know you....I am not going to say anything....sorry.
6. What's a movie that always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying? The Notebook is the movie that literally leaves me gasping for breath. It is the story of my parents and it rips me out of the frame everytime I watch it....which I do sometimes when I am missing them.7. Mary Had a Little Lamb was written in 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
I teach at a high school here,
It's sometimes drear
Is That a tear?
I work at a high school here
Oh yes it's my career.
Ok...I am on a roll...., this is fun
I am the pastor at Midway
I work Sunday
God's work I say
I am pastor at Midway
We sing, we learn we pray........
8. Insert your own random thought here. I don't know about you....but I absolutely hate the camel - humpday commercial. The first time I saw it...it was funny.....but it is on all the time...and I don't like it. Is there a commercial that you don't care for? Care to share? I love to see what the viewing habits of others are....My favorite commercial...is the dos equis one...I love it when he says...."Stay thirsty my friend."
BTW.....My best friends mom died at 2:15 this morning and my heart is hurting for her. Her mom was in her 90's and lived in the Orlando area. Sue and her family were in Ohio on vacation when the call came in. She was headed to her house and then on to West Palm. I so want to be with her and was hoping when she passed that I would be able to go and be with her. She and her husband Chuckles were with me when both my parents died and when my parents were missing. I was actually on vacation at their house when the call about my mom came in. Sue and I hopped in her car and headed to Alabama. We called the guys and they gathered our stuff together and ended up only about 30 minutes behind us. When you say your prayers tonight please remember Sue and her family in them. I know she would appreciate it.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
9 months ago