Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Carey's Amazing Work

This evening, after it cooled off we went across the street to visit with our neighbor, Carey.  He rebuilds and refurbishes old trikes, scooters, and furniture.  He canes chairs too.  His work is amazing.  After we looked at the trike collection, car collection, and other toys he has gathered, he took me inside the house to show me what he had done in there.  I was in awe as I saw the handmade caned picnic basket he made for his wife, Ellen.  He is currently working on a tea cart and is recanting the middle top.  It is gorgeous.  Then he brought out a little table he had redone and another tea table he has recently finished.  The middle section was missing and he caned it.  He also handpainted the scenery on the sides.  I was so very impressed.  I took pictures of all his work...but they do not do justice to it.  When you see it in person you know you have been standing where a master craftsman has stood.  I took a ton more, but I thought I would just whet your appetite with these. 













No comments: