2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you? It means that all is in agreement....the stars are aligned....and we treat each other as Christ would want us too. We live not wanting to harm anyone and we take care of those who are in need.
3. Which edible treat are you most looking forward to sampling this December?
Pumpkin Pie, Mincemeat Pie, Sugar Cookies, and tea cakes made by Whoops recipe. I hope Libby makes them again this year.
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
I love this season because people spend time with those they love, they treat each other a little nicer, I love the music, the Hallmark Channel movies, the smells....I love it all.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online), and why?
Milieu, which means surroundings, especially of a social or cultural nature....and I looked it up because a student used it in a paper...and to be honest I was not sure if they used it correctly ....or incorrectly. They were actually right. I am proud.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what's your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
My table. I set a table...and love using it. It looks like something Martha Stewart would have in her house. It is comprised of a floral arrangement I made with a friend. Dishes that I picked up very cheaply and other things I have added over the years. I LOVE IT!
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
I have gathered a lot of good recipes. I have really learned a lot about myself....and in doing so found many people who truly care...and pray....and have become friends with people from all over the world. I love it!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So Joyce has a fun little giveaway to announce today to help celebrate all our words here on Wednesdays.
Here's the deal-
To enter, leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. And just for fun, if you can find it, list the date you first played along in the HP.
To be entered twice, leave a comment on this post, and along with your comment, submit a question for a future Wednesday Hodgepodge. The question cannot be strictly yes/no style. If it's a yes/no question at least add the words 'why?' or 'please explain'. Also, the question has to be new to the Hodgepodge, something I've never asked here before.
What do you win? In keeping with the spirit of the Hodgepodge you'll receive seven holiday related items and one random gift that has nothing at all to do with the holidays. I can tell you this much...one of the holiday related items I had personalized and it turned out super cute.
Entries must be submitted by noon (EST) Monday, December 8th, and a winner will be chosen the old fashioned way. I'll throw all the participants names into a hat and have my hubs draw one.
The winner will be announced in this same random space next Wednesday (12/10), when we'll be back here for Volume 201.