Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Join In And Party Like It's 1976!


Some of you guys have absolutely no idea what that title means. You weren't around in 1976. Lucky for you in 2014 we have Google, so you can go find out.   Well here we are-Volume 200 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce has taken a week off here and there so some of us have actually been at this since early November, 2010. Kudos to them! In honor of the 200th volume Joyce has decided to have a giveaway! You'll find all you need to know about that in Joyce's random thought, which is #8 for those of you visiting here for the first time. In order to see the giveaway you will need to click here and hop over to Joyce's blog.  If you want to participate then answer the questions and hop over there to link up so we can all read them.  Joyce has said a heartfelt "Thank you for making Wednesdays on From This Side of the Pond a little bright spot in the blogosphere." I have to agree with her next comment.... I too love the way we're different, but the same. We come from different parts of the country and the world. We're marrieds, singles, grandparents, Generation X'ers, Y's and Z'ers too. We're country mice and city slickers. We love to travel and we love to stay home. We love our pets and our gardens and our air miles. We love to cook and we hate to cook. We read, write, craft, run, and do a hundred different things in our individual lives, yet we're connected by this seemingly light, but oftentimes surprisingly deep, little meme called The Wednesday Hodgepodge.  So if this is your first time here....every week as Joyce writes the questions she answer them in her head. Her brain instantly heads in a particular direction and she is always amazed when she reads around and sees how someone else went in a whole 'nother direction. She loves that. She loves the way the answers make her nod her head in agreement, or consider something from a different point of view. The Hodgepodge is good for us she thinks, and she thanks you for being a part of the neighborhood.   While most of us have never met in person, we're still a community. I too have been encouraged, prayed for, challenged, and entertained by you here each week, and isn't that what community is all about? Hodgepodge on Hodgepodgers!

1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?  My new teaching position.  Some days I just feel like it is not coming together and then it does beautifully.

2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?  It means that all is in agreement....the stars are aligned....and we treat each other as Christ would want us too.  We live not wanting to harm anyone and we take care of those who are in need.

3. Which edible treat are you most looking forward to sampling this December?
Pumpkin Pie, Mincemeat Pie, Sugar Cookies, and tea cakes made by Whoops recipe.  I hope Libby makes them again this year.

4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it wonderful?  If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
I love this season because people spend time with those they love, they treat each other a little nicer, I love the music, the Hallmark Channel movies, the smells....I love it all.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online), and why?
Milieu, which means surroundings, especially of a social or cultural nature....and I looked it up because a student used it  in a paper...and to be honest I was not sure if they used it correctly ....or incorrectly.  They were actually right.  I am proud.

6. Besides a Christmas tree, what's your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
My table.  I set a table...and love using it.  It looks like something Martha Stewart would have in her house.  It is comprised of a floral arrangement I made with a friend.  Dishes that I picked up very cheaply and other things I have added over the years.  I LOVE IT!
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
 I have gathered a lot of good recipes.  I have really learned a lot about myself....and in doing so found many people who truly care...and pray....and have become friends with people from all over the world.  I love it!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
So Joyce has a fun little giveaway to announce today to help celebrate all our words here on Wednesdays.

Here's the deal-

To enter, leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. And just for fun, if you can find it, list the date you first played along in the HP. 

To be entered twice, leave a comment on this post, and along with your comment, submit a question for a future Wednesday Hodgepodge. The question cannot be strictly yes/no style. If it's a yes/no question at least add the words 'why?' or 'please explain'. Also, the question has to be new to the Hodgepodge, something I've never asked here before. 

What do you win? In keeping with the spirit of the Hodgepodge you'll receive seven holiday related items and one random gift that has nothing at all to do with the holidays. I can tell you this much...one of the holiday related items I had personalized and it turned out super cute. 

Entries must be submitted by noon (EST) Monday, December 8th, and a winner will be chosen the old fashioned way. I'll throw all the participants names into a hat and have my hubs draw one. 

The winner will be announced in this same random space next Wednesday (12/10), when we'll be back here for Volume 201. 

No comments: