Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Simple Woman's Valentine Swap

I found this on the Simple Woman's blog and decided it sounded like fun so I joined in.  I entered my name and waited.  These were the rules:




*swap items are to be hand, home or otherwise "YOU" made and crafted 
~the ideas are endless, but be thoughtful on the amount of time you wish to place on your item/s. 
~think wearable, edible, lovable, drinkable, hangable, usable, pretty, simple...etc.~

*keep shipping costs in mind

*keep your swap partner's name a secret until you have received your package 
(you can be sneeky as you look around her blog...LOL)

*all swappers should include a (homemade) Valentine along with their items

*January 13th-sign-up's begin and mister linky posted here

~the way you will sign-up is twofold...first is to add your first name and blog link to the mister linky (just like alot of you do on the daybook) on the date above AND email me with {SWAP} in the subject line along with 3 things: 

first and last name
complete home address
complete email address
(this will make gathering the information easy for me)

*January 22nd-sign-ups closed

*January 23rd-I begin matching those who posted their intent to the mister linky and who have sent me their email with all information above

*January 26th-last day for me to have sent you your partner...watch for email

*February 13th-ALL swap packages MUST BE RECEIVED
(if you can not get your swap package out to your partner for whatever reason, (but do try your very best) please contact me. I do not want any hurt feelings.

On February 11th I was delighted to come home from school and find a package from Kim Lottman in Herico, Virginia for me.  I tore into the brown paper on the box and was thrilled with all my goodies. I had a lovely handwritten note from my partner.  I had a crocheted heart swag that I loved.  The little hearts were threaded through the string.  I got a beautiful crocheted cowl scarf, a box of Russell Stovers, and a purse sized calendar. 
You know it is really great fun getting surprises...especially from someone you don't know.  I loved it!  Thank you so much for hosting this Peggy from The Simple Woman's Blog...and Kim your handwritten Thank You is in the mail.  Loved it!


No comments: