Happy Hodgepodge! A heart-felt welcome to everyone reading or playing along here today! If you participate and you've answered this week's questions, be sure to add your link at the end of Joyce's post . Also, please say hi to the blogger who linked before you, because there's no love like comment love. Here we go-
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it? I have written a few love letters and received them too. Frank is not a huge fan of writing....but he has scrawled a few small love notes to me in the past 15 years. I have kept them all and my favorite is the one he sent me when I took an Emmaus Walk.
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
White Christmas with Bing Crosby. I love everything about it.
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
Rainbows, If it is a visible double then it is like the Hallelujah Chorus in my heart!
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
I half-heartedly dusted. I usually move whatever is on top and use the spray and really dust....this time I just passed the Swiffer duster around what was sitting there....and the sad part is....I can tell I did it....and it is driving me nuts.
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
I really love both tuna and chicken salads. I usually make them up on the weekend and then take them for lunch. I like mine with a little bit of chopped sweet pickle, finely chopped celery, and a very little bit of mayo-not soggy. I like it on a bed of lettuce with some crackers, or on toast topped with lettuce and tomato and some sliced bread and butter pickles on the side. I also love to stuff tomatoes with it for supper when tomatoes are in season..
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
I know a lot of stuff by heart....and I know some things that I may drop a lyric or two....but for the most part...I know it all. I do know the entire song of "El Paso" by Marty Robbins, American Pie, by Don McLean, the Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald, by Gordon Lightfoot, the National Anthem, the Pledge of Allegiance, the Lord's Prayer, the words to Amazing Grace and It Is Well With My Soul....and a whole lot of useless trivia.7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
At Last - and now I will have that song in my head all day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
How many of you celebrate Valentine's Day? I don't like to....and don't think I am anti-love....but I love my husband....365/24/7 and I think our Valentine's Day is the day we married and every day we spend together. I don't need overpriced roses, a card, or jewelry on the 14th of February to know he loves me. I love the days when for no reason he does something special. One year on Valentine's Day we went to a Hallmark store and read each other special cards....it was so fun. What say ye?
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
4 months ago