1. What would you say is your strongest sense? Hearing according to my students. I can hear a whisper in a crowded room. I have a strong sense of smell too.
2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not? I am like Joyce on this one. I pay attention at the Holy Spirit's prompting and therefore am extremely aware of things.
3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain. Often I find I'm not much of slave to time. Sometimes I get so caught up in the busyness of life and work that I miss the simple things.
4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? I worked in a restaurant during college. It was a nice place, nice people, and served the best chicken wings you had ever eaten. They were awesome. Things I did not enjoy? I agree with Joyce on the clothes. I could never get the grease smell out of my clothes, and one night late, a particularly demanding party of 12(automatic tip now a days), who received stellar service, left me a dollar tip. There bill was well over 100.00 and as they were leaving.....and I was clearing their table....there was that dollar.....I walked out the front door with the dollar in my hand and handed to the man who paid....in front of his friends.....he reassured me that it was my tip.....and I countered back with....how little regard I had for that dollar and obviously he needed it more than I did. I am surprised I kept my job. I will give working in a restaurant a 7. It was not the best job I ever had....and certainly not the worst. I have never ever wanted to own a restaurant, but if you forced me I'd have a tearoom or a little dessert shop ...with sweets and books.....and great coffee.
5. Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there. I have several family members who have worked on family tree stuff. I have a cane that my great great grandfather carved, inserted a newspaper clipping into during the Battle Above The Clouds. He was wounded during that battle. I also love the story of my great great grandfather on my mom's side who rode a horse into a courthouse and shot the lights out.
6. What did your childhood bedroom look like? It varied in colors from the time I was 5. When I went away to college it was a green color. There was a love seat in the little alcove(that took the place of the piano I tried to learn to play), two lingerie dressers that were white in one of the closets, a twin bed, and a stereo. My room was small with a capital S.
7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________?
Cades Cove in the fall....heck for that matter they know I love fall....period.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
October has been a busy month. It seems like we have had something going every single weekend, I am actually excited to see it come to a close. Maybe November will be quieter. I hope so, but it is not looking to promising. I am finished Christmas shopping....all but two gifts....how about you? Are you a person who shops ahead?,,...or one that waits til Christmas Eve?