Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 7, 2008

Dream, Dream, Dream

We all have dreams....well most of us do. When I was young I dreamed of being famous and buying my mother a baby blue Lincoln Continental. Don't ask me why....I thought my mother would love it....and therefore love me. My childhood dreams were replaced with teenage dreams. I wanted to be a mother surfer chick. I wanted to be a wife, mother, and surf all the time. I married relatively young...that is...if you call 20 young. By todays standards I was a baby. I was really a baby when you factor in the fact that I inherited a ready-made family. I had a four and five year old instantly....I was dreaming now of being super mom/wife. One day after my daughter, Kat, was born.....a friend of mine lost her husband in an accident. She had nothing to fall back on....and lost everything. I did not want that happening to me....I had a dream....I dreamed I would go to college and teach. But we had no extra money....I stopped by Aliant Bank one day....it was First National then....and spoke with a young loan officer named Phil. He made my college dream a reality. I am eternally grateful to him for that. I finished college and began teaching. I dreamed again....I wanted to have a Master's Degree.....and it happened. I love Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. I have had many dreams....some of them became realities...others of them were altered with time....and some of them never happened....but whatever the outcome of my dreams....they were that....dreams. I truly believe that when you quit dreaming you die....or stagnate. Last year I dreamed my husband, Frank, and I were poor at seminary....today....I am a preachers wife....how funny is that? God used me to help him make a commitment he had been fighting for years. April 26th I have a dream coming to fruition. I have wanted to sing on the stage of the RiverCenter in Columbus....ever since it opened. Last week we, Still Magnolias, found out that we are opening for Cowboy Crush. I don't care if I am the opening act....or the headliner....I am singing from the stage at the RiverCenter. I had a dream....hummmmm.....do you think my mom might still want a baby blue Lincoln? LOL....dream on folks...dream on. If you can dream it....you can achieve it....if it is in God's plans for you.

No comments: