Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Uncle Drew

Uncle Drew
"Train up a boy hunting
and you will never have to hunt the boy,"
my Uncle Drew always said.
I remember this fond memory
even though my uncle is dead.
Mark and Drew and the
springer pups
were always in the woods;
hunting deer, dove, or
rabbits, anything they could.
Drew gave Mark his first gun
when Mark was only five.
I think that deep inside the woods,
they both felt
so alive.
None of us quite grasped
the bond that seemed so strong.
Because we had never heard
the sound of the
wood's soft song.
The song of birds and breezes
and animals all around.
The woods, a place where silence
and nature's
music abound.
Drew trained his boy up hunting
just like he said one should.
He never had to hunt his boy,
and you can still find
Mark in the woods.

No comments: