Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lighting Up My Life

I have spent some time in my life walking in darkness, haven't you.? If you're like me, becoming a Christian did not change that...you see....there are days when I still walk in darkness. It is not God's fault....it is all mine....cause I make that choice to walk in the dark. I am human....and I know that we all go through times of struggle, whether it be some sinful action or behavior or perhaps something out of our control, like the death of a loved one, or the loss of a job. Whatever it is there is no one on earth who can really identify with your situation other than yourself...and don't let them kid you.....I hate it when people come up to me in my darkness and say...."I know how you feel." I want to scream at them...."Do you? Do you really?....and when did you experience this feeling?" So....it is that knee jerk reactio that makes it twice as hard to have hope sometimes. But there is some truly great news and that is that God loves me, us....the guy next door, the world....no matter what our present situation is. In fact, I truly believe that God uses our experiences as character builders... to shape us to be like Him. I have this hope in Jesus because he has plans for my future. It is for that reason...that I keep holding on....clinging to the rope....hanging in there.....until the darkness passes....and the morning arrives....and I can look back down the path I have come....and laugh at myself....that I was ever afraid...and even when I feel myself letting go....I know that is not going to happen....cause He will be there to catch me. He lights up my world...and makes my dark times bearable. For that....I say....Amen and Thank You Jesus!

No comments: