Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good Bye Ruby Tuesday....

I know...bet you thought the Ruby Tuesday we have here in good ole Alex City was closing....nope...not that I know of. I am on a days of the week kick. I have challenged myself to see if I can come up with a song that has every single day of the week in the title and song itself. Monday would have been Monday, Monday...but I got side-tracked by the roller derby queen on my hall. You are probably wondering where this crazy idea came from....well it came from a poem I read on Sunday. It is one you all probably know...or at least have heard in your lifetimes. "Monday's Child is one of many fortune-telling songs, popular as nursery rhymes for children. It is supposed to tell a child's character or future based on the day they were born." I hope that is not true...because if it is...my day is dreary. I was born on a Thursday. Anyways...the poem goes like this:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.


So with that sweet little poem in mind...I began looking for songs of the week and today's song just happens to be one of my favorite songs(I know you are probably thinking, since I talk about music a lot...griefus...is there any song she does not consider to be her favorite?)...I especially love the version of Ruby Tuesday that the Corrs do. It was recorded live in Dublin, and we all know how much I love Dublin. I think I should have been born a Dubliner...or maybe I was one in my past life. All kidding aside I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy Tuesday....I am off to research Wednesday songs. Can you think of one? So far the only one I have found is a scary sounding one. Bet you are just dying to see what I come up with tomorrow huh?

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

That's nothing hun. I was born on a Wednesday!!!! And the prediction was accurate until I was an adult. I guess the author really had it in for Wednesdays and Thursdays huh??

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for dropping by Bloggeritaville~ HOpe to see you tomorrow