Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What a Terrific Tuesday!

Do you know how many children there were on the sitcom "Eight is Enough?" This was a question that floated over the walkie talkies at school. My new boss, Mr. Reyes was asking the school secretary this. She faltered so Mrs. Culbertson - Asst. Principal and I answered....eight! Then he came across with which M & M is likened to Tattoo? Answer? The plain...The plain. I had to laugh. Mr. Reyes is one of the smartest men I have ever known...but not only is he book smart...he is full of trivia. He knows EVERYTHING!....and I am loving it. He listens to music...plus on my part...he loves trivia...another plus on my part....and what sets him apart from everyone else in my eyes.....he got the fountain the Jr. Class donated over a year ago...up and running. HE DID IT! This man is not afraid to get dirty. He is all about our school and he is amazing! I have just finished my second day...and I had yet another awesome day....because my boss...expects the best from me...and for me. I even picked up trash in the parking lot this morning on the way into the building....why? Because he believes our campus needs to look good...because it represents us to the community...and although I had never quite thought of it that way...he is right! When people look at our campus...they see me. I am not a sloppy and dirty person...and don't want to teach somewhere that is sloppy and dirty...and it is not just a janitor's job...the responsibility belongs to whoever comes along first....and this morning...it was me. Funny thing was...I did not mind it at all...and have felt good about doing it all day long. What a great year this is going to be! Mr. Reyes has made me believe this...and because I believe it...I can achieve it! Room 312 will be busting at the seems with pride, I can assure you.

No comments: