Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bye Bye July Hodge Podge - Vol 37

It's that time again and to be honest I can't believe it's Wednesday.  I am glad you are here.  Some of you have told me that you really look forward to this ever Wednesday.   Everyone is welcome to join the fun and you can participate to if you want.  Just click on the Joyce links I have provided and head over to Joyces to get the questions......pst them, and then go back to Joyce's to add your link at the bottom, while you are there you can read her answers....and then go visit some of the other participants.  Ready?  We are off!
1. July is National Ice Cream Month...your favorite flavor? Soft serve, hand dipped or frozen yogurt-which do you prefer? And technically yogurt is not ice cream but its hot outside so I'll let that slide for today.
My favorite is gelato from Italy.  I loved the chocolate mint, the strawberry....but if I have to pick an American one then it is plain old homemade vanilla.
2. When you travel do you tend to pack too much or too little?

I used to be a too much girl.  But about five years ago I went to Europe for the second time and I took a carry on.....period....for nine days.  I am going to Cape Cod this weekend.....and taking a back pack....period....checking nothing.
3. What's your favorite cleaning product?

I am a sensory person...Fabuloso lavender.  I love the smell of lavender.  To be honest....I like the smell of clean....so Clorox, Pine Sol, Pledge....all of these evoke strong memories in me.  Murphy's Oil Soap.....not so much.
4. What's the greater tragedy-an innocent person imprisoned or a guilty person set free? Explain.

Both of them are tragedies, but the innocent person imprisoned is to me the greater of the two.  A guilty person set free will be judged by the Almighty one day and will have to live with the knowledge of what they did until their dying day.  The innocent person has lost a lifetime, or at least a chunk of time that cannot be made up.  There are no do-overs.  There was a case of this in the news not long ago.  A man was released on new DNA evidence after serving 14 years in prison.  His child was 5 years old when he went to prison....now she is 19 ....he missed an entire lifetime of memories with her.  That is a major tragedy.
5. What's the longest trip you've taken by car?

I love to travel by car because you can stop, get out, enjoy the local color, and move on.   I have three long ones...althought the 9500 mile Pacific Northwest Trip is probably the longest.  It stretched from Alabama to Vancouver, B.C., down to California and back across to Alabama.  It covered 19 states.  Second longest was when my daughter and I went from Alabama to Prince Edward Island to see Lucy Maude Montgomery's house and soak up some Anne of Green Gables culture.  Third was Alabama to Los Angeles....to San Francisco....back to L.A. and home.  Put me in a car and I am happy....especially if it is heading West...or up the Atlantic Seaboard.  Nice thing about cars....unless you experience car trouble...you leave on time.
6. tennis-golf-canoeing-biking...pick one.

None of the above is not an answer choice....so I am doing a write in.  I loved playing tennis when I was younger.  My friend Susan kept me on my toes.  I loved golf when I was in college because I played it for my physical education credit.  I have played around with it since then....but it is an expensive sport.  I am a klutz....so canoeing and biking are not options for me.....unless you are talking about a stationary bike...then I am all there.
7. What sound drives you crazy?
I am ADD so that could be anything when I am trying to concentrate.  The big two are people smacking when they eat....that one drives me over the edge, and fingernails across a chalk board....which makes my skin crawl.  Tapping pencils on a desk comes in at number three.

8.  Question eight is always your own random thought.  So what is the most random thing you have ever done? 
Two weeks before Thanksgiving my lunch bunch at school was talking about the mafia and the AFL-CIO and whatever happened to the Teamster boss....no one could remember his name.....it drove me nuts for two weeks trying to remember that man's namd.  So, during our family Thanksgiving gathering.....just as my father said, "Let us Pray"....I spoke out a little boisterously with, "Jimmy Hoffa."  As I looked around the room....my family was all looking at me with eyes that said, "Are you crazy?"  I am notorious for having random thoughts like that and then much later bursting out with the answers....with people who did not know the conversation.  I keep a pad of paper and pen beside my desk, bed, and chair....just for those Aha moments.  Sigh!  I guess I am suffering from Old Timers.  Happy Wednesday.  I am leaving tomorrow for Cape Cod for the first annual SMAK (Susan, Missi, Amanda and Karen) girl trip.  I cannot wait!  I will still be posting...but my Project 365 will not be up until late Sunday night.  I will have my camera with me and don't land in Atlanta til after 8 pm. 

7 comments:

Joyce said...

There is an area in North Jersey known as The Meadowlands and rumor has it Jimmy Hoffa was buried there, some say under the old Giants Stadium.

We loved PEI!

Tina said...

Have a safe trip. Will be looking forward to the pictures!

Michelle said...

I haven't tried gelato.
I saw someone else mention it.
Sounds interesting.

That is so sad about the man missing his daughters childhood. There is no way that time can be made up.

Enjoy your girl time in Cape Cod.
I just love the girl times I have with a friend of mine.
We stay pretty close to family, but in a hotel. Just to be by ourselves. We only do it once or twice a year.

Expats Again said...

Hurray! Another gelato fan!

Sweet Tea said...

You GO enjoy that Girl's trip. You lucky thang you!

Amiee said...

I feel deprived. I have never been to Italy to eat gelato :(

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am going to try to pack less on my trips. I learned a lot with my trip to Europe although I didn't feel like I overpacked for the 3 week trip. My husband loves everything lavender. What a fabulous long road trip you took, all of them sound great.