Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Project 365 - Week 29

Wow!  It is hard to believe that we are 29 weeks into this year and I am three weeks away from school starting.  Project 365 has been tough this week because it has been a tough week.  Frank and I spent a lot of time in the road.  Delbert is still working on my house and I am tired....but here goes and if you want to see some more truly great shots then head on over to Sarah's blog at ....Make Music from Your Heart and check them out.  That is where you will find me every weekend.

Sunday, July 10th


This little mockingbird sat on our power lines Sunday and was warning us that we might be a spot of rain.....and we did.  It was pretty much a spot....but enough so that Frank did not have to water the plants.  Our water bill last month was horrendous.

Monday, July 11th

Monday we made our first trip to Birmingham for the week.  Mary was having a procedure and we felt we needed to be there.  The barn is between our house and Wedowee.  The Haunted Chicken House is just outside of Hollis Crossroads.  We spent a lot of time in the car today....so my pictures could be titles....through the windshield on Hwy 431.

Tuesday, July 12th
I tried to be clever with this shot.  At the Fire Dept. meeting on Monday night Frank was given these bull horn peppers.  I wanted to draw a cute cow head and put the peppers where the horns would go....but could not find my sharpe....so my bull is blowing smoke.

Wednesday, July 13th
I love hydrangeas....especially this purple one.   Today we worked at my moms and did some serious Alex City running errands.  By the time we got home I was worn out.  I did take the time to grab my camera and walk out on the porch and catch this one.

Thursday, July 14th
Back to Birmingham today.  Mary had a 6 hour surgery and on our way up I grabbed some Christmas Tree wannabees from a tree farm between Hollis Crossroads and Cheaha State Park Road.  I am still on Hwy 431.....and looking out from the windshield....hence the foggy look.

Friday, July 15th

Frank has class this weekend.....and guess where?  If you said Birmingham then you are correct.  Poor baby he had to drive BACK to B'ham today....in the rain.  I stayed home this trip.  I had stuff to do...Delbert is through in the house and I have to put it back in order.  We ate lunch at 12 EDT with Marcie and Carolyn at Katies in Lagrange.  The food and company were wonderful.  Then Frank dropped me off at the house and head out.  He was planning to stop by and check on Mary for me.  She is ICU and will be there for a few more days.  I went out on my porch and snapped the butterfly shots on the coneflowers.  These flowers were full of tiny butterflies....and a scattered bee or two.

Saturday, July 16th
I can't remember what the yellow colored flower is....but the lavender one is Russian sage and it smells so good.  Have a great day and I will see you next week.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

It sounds like a busy, but beautiful week. I hope Mary is recovering quickly!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The pictures are lovely.

The Bug said...

Love the flower pictures. You WERE busy this week - hopefully you'll get to spend more time at home next week.

sara said...

you did have a busy week and I am so impressed you have pictures for every day!!

the "haunted chicken" makes me laugh!!!