Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Recap

The year is coming to a close.  Right now Frank is somewhere over the Atlantic winging his way to Zurich for his last layover before Tel-Aviv.  He will be in Israel until the 9th.  We had soup supper at church tonight and took down all the Christmas/Chrismon ornaments.  Frank has established his shop for his scroll saw art and did a killing business from October to December.  He gave me a corner to make my chimes....so I lovingly have named it....Karen's Korner....real original huh?  I learned to do some minimal crocheting and am making this lacy little scarves as fast as I can ....I get two to a skein.  Loving it!  I also learned how to make cake plates, breads, and mesh wreaths.  Man do I love Pinterest!  Brain and Kat, Frank and I did a Pinterest Christmas.  It was so much fun.  I made sugar scrubs for Kat and cooking rubs for Brian, a family frame, coasters, and scarves.  It was so much fun.  I hope we do it again next year.  Christmas day brought all of my children together under one roof for the first time in over 15 years.  It was a beautiful day inside even if the outside was nasty.  We are still at Rock Mills for another year.  We spent a week at Panama City with the Porch People and I am looking forward to repeating the fun this year.  My KLAMS trip this year was to Canada and we got to see Nick Wallenda walk across Niagra Falls.  It was something else.  I was able to attend my 40 year class reunion with Susan in August.  It was so much fun seeing folks I have not seGreenvillen in years.  I am so glad we decided to go.  I participated in Project 365 on my blog.  I blogged and loved the web journal idea.  I joined the Rock Mills Volunteer Fire Dept. Spent time with wonderful people in Nashville, Knoxville, Greenville, Panama City, Birmingham....shared time with family and friends, sang some, loved a lot, cried a bit, read, blogged, and enjoyed life.  I was diagnosed with ulcerative collitis in May and to be honest thought I was going to die.  Frank's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer this year, as was one of our bowling teammates, MaeLynn.  I have learned to HATE the words Cancer and Alzheimers.  I was busy, fed, employed, and loved.  I missed some who have left us here, grieved over some others, but....all in all 2012 was not a bad year.  As I sit here and think of resolutions I might need to make I find there aren't any.  I won't keep them....so why make them.  I, instead, will be making plans.  I plan to live 2013 to the fullest, fulfill some of my bucket list, enjoy my precious husband, children, and family, travel some, read more, be grateful for what I have and thankful that I have it.  As midnight approaches and the ball is about to drop....Happy New Year to you and yours.  See you next year!  God loves each of you and so do I!

No comments: