Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Project 365 - Week 52

Well here it is the last week of 2012.  Frank and I will be heading to Birmingham after church today so that we don't have to get up so early for him to be at the airport to catch his flight to Israel.  He will be back on the 9th and will spend his New Years Eve somewhere over the Atlantic.  Where we don't know because there will be an eight hour time change between here and there and three layovers.  I am guessing somewhere around Iceland.  Sara has been an amazing hostess this year and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will continue in 2013.  I have really enjoyed doing this.  I wish you would think about joining in.  To see everyone else's pictures then click here.  Here is my week in photos, I hope you enjoy them.:

Sunday, December 23rd
 



Sunday evening we had potato soup at the Kramer house.  Beth makes a most excellent potato soup and the fellowship was wonderful.  I love to get shots of the ornaments on people's trees when I visit them.  I love ornaments and I guess if I had to say I have a favorite collection it would be that....ornaments.
 
Monday, December 24th
It was a pretty quiet day until evening.  We had Come and Go Communion at the church and then dinner at Keaton and Magen's for the Towler family Christmas.
This was Jett's first little cap and Magen made it into a Christmas ornament.  What a great idea and how sweet is that?  Do you get the feeling that this is an Auburn family?
 
 
Tuesday, December 25th
Busy day.  Breakfast at 7 at Aunt Doris's house with the Burgess/Towler families.    It is a tradition we have not missed since we moved here.  Sherry and Marcie really put on the spread.  It is so much fun. 

 
We had three new babies this year.  Jasmine is the oldest by a month, Jett is the only new baby boy and he is three months old.  Miss Lillie was born at Thanksgiving.    Valerie and Chris (middle shot) favorite the Burgess mom and dad.  After looking at a picture of the two....I agree.  After breakfast we headed to the house for Christmas lunch with my kids and others.




 
My entire family was all here for Christmas this year.  It is the first time in about 15 years that we have all been together at one time for the holidays.  I was delighted to say the least.  We also had two of Kathryn and Brian's Moldovan friends, Sergio and Mia, and one long time family friend/adopted son, Joey.  What a grand day.  The weather was horrendous outside but inside the walls of my house it was a bright, sunshiney day.   Momma was definitely smiling!
 
Wednesday, December 26th
Up early because we are taking one of our youth, Tyler to the Bass Pro Shop in Prattville today.  We are eating lunch at the Islamorada Fish Company at the BASS place.

 
Thursday, December 27th
Lunch at J.R.'s today with Jo and Deborah to discuss Jo's upcoming wedding. 
 
Friday, December 28th

Red sky in the morning....sailor take warning.  What sunrise looked like in Rock Mills this morning.  My yarn finally got here from Herschnerr's Yarn.  I am so excited.  I can see many scarf projects forthcoming.
 
Saturday, December 29th



We went to see Mr. Larry and Mrs.Betty Jean before they took down their tree.  Since flowers are not in bloom right now I had to get this shot.  Her tree was lovely.  She is so meticulous about the placement of the balls that it looks professionally done.  After we left they began the dismanteling process and there is now not a single reminder of Christams.  This part of the holiday always makes me a bit sad.  Happy New Year to you all and see you again in 2013.
 
 

No comments: