Welcome to this week's edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge. Be sure to add your link at the end of Joyce's post before you get back to your shopping and wrapping. Pop in on some of the other players too, because who doesn't need a little Christmas cheer in the middle of their week?
Ok, so here are my answers to Joyce's questions-
1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car? Fall 2012 - Cades Cove was the last walk in the woods. Last beach stroll was Memorial Day weekend in May and the drive...that was meandering and looking at Christmas lights...and I will be doing that again. We just drive til we see some...period.
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive? We are sending cards, and they are now officially ready to mail. Hope to get them to the post office tomorrow....at least by Friday. I too always add a few after I've done the bulk of the mailing. We send about 100...sometimes with a picture...sometimes with a cutesy letter....this year...they are just cards.
3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week? Prioritize....Frank telling me I need to finish up my crafts for Christmas....school telling us to make everything a top priority. I am beginning to hate this word.
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows? I love cocoa. I drink it when I want something sweet....but don't want to eat food. I like it with or without marshmallows. I love it with whipped cream. I love to use a candy cane to stir it. Hummm....think I will fix a cup for myself right now!
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season? Make lists so I can check off what I get done. My problem this year is that for the past three weekends I have been away. I need time to get my list completed. 6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet? I love bling and I have the cutest Sam and Libby(they look like Bobs) blinging shoes in my closet. I have them in platinum and silver. They are everyday shoes...so I treat myself to wearing them a couple of times a week. They really dress up a pair of jeans.....with pearls...and the bling shoes. Love it!
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol. .."Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation? Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations? Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb? This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am!" I love to hear Kathy Mattea sing it.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Today is 12/12/12. I have some friends who are having babies today. I have some friends who are getting married today. I am working....and my day is really not one to write home about. Are you doing something memorable today? It will be a long time before this happens again. I think it is pretty cool that I have experienced 12 of these in my life time. I am thinking it won't happen again.
I am a woman who wears many hats and loves them all. I am a singer - I sing with the group Still Magnolias. I was part of the original First United Methodist Church Arbor Praise Team until we moved. After 24+ years of teaching English 11 and Spanish I - II at Benjamin Russell High School I decided to take a job closer to home. I now teach Spanish I & 2 at Randolph Co. High School and Wadley. I thought I was getting close to retirement and looking forward to it, but decided to move my cheese and try something different. I am a preacher's wife and a preacher myself. My husband Frank is the pastor at Rock Mills United Methodist Church and I am the pastor at Midway (Wedowee). It has made our conversations interesting, to say the least.