Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge, Holiday Edition. Volume 106. This will be the last Hodgepodge of 2012, but do come back in the New Year when the random fun continues (Wednesday, January 2nd). If you missed out on it this year....make a resolution to join us here then. You can link to Joyce's blog once you have your answers up on your own blog.
Okay, the Hodgepodgers...here are my answers to this weeks questions~
1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
Frank and I will be doing "Come and Go" Communion at the church from 4 - 5:30 and then we will be attending the Towler Family Christmas gathering. I am excited about being part of this community and the families that live here. It is going to be a great Christmas. We drew names with the family and I cannot wait to see my names face when they open the gift I got for them!
2. What is something you are not? Does skinny count? I came into this world not skinny.....and have fought that battle most of my life. Now....not being silly....I am not friendless. I have some wonderful friends that I have hand picked and whom I love with all my heart. I am blessed with great friends.
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor?
I like fudge, but in small doses. My favorite fudge can be found on Mackinaw Island in Michigan and it is just plain chocolate. Yes, for those of you who know the term, I left a true "fudgie" and cannot wait to introduce the girls this summer on our KLAMS trip to the joys of that fudge.
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
I have been to a couple of small shows and love them. I love the homemade and get some great ideas (yes, I am bad about saying...."I can do that." and then not buying it.) My daughter and her husband, Frank and I are doing a Pinterest Christmas with each other and it has been fun finding and making the gifts. I love to give homemade gifts.....I have made a lot of mine this year.
5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?
I am a sucker for the big family dinners, but I also really enjoy intimate family and friends dinner parties with just a few people. I love planning and implementing them. I love being a hostess. I guess when you get down to it, I pretty much like parties....period!
6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
I don't plan to make resolutions because I never keep them. I am also working through a 101 in 1001 list thanks to Joyce, AND a bucket travel list. I want to be a bette, kinder person next year and to work harder on becoming healthier.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace. One of my favorite Christmas carols is by John Denver and the Muppets....so I thought I would share the Peace Carol with you.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is National Game Day. My family loves games...board, volleyball, scavenger hunts, etc. It is nothing for us to get together and enjoy the new Christmas game or even an old favorite. When my kids were younger we played games all the time. We loved Rook, Shanghai rummy, Mexican Train, dominoes, yahtzee, trivia games (especially if music is involved). I do not like Monopoly....Frank loves it. He always wins! :-( Do you and your family play games? Do you have a family game night? What games do you like the best? Dislike the most?
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!