Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday-Opportunity

Whooo hooo!  Today is the first Friday of the new year and I am so excited to see Lisa-Jo Baker back with her 5 Minute Friday meme.  I hope you will start the new year off by joining in.  The rules are pretty simple and straight forward.  Here is all you have to do.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2.
Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Opportunity…

GO

2013 has arrived and here I am facing a year filled with many opportunities.  The slate has been wiped clean and I have the opportunity to do things different.  What will I do?  Many of us had a long/short list of resolutions that we plan to try and fulfill.  PerIn the past I have planned to lose weight, exercise more, be kinder, whatever....well Hello 213 my opportunity is here.  I learned a long time ago that resolutions to me meant failure.  I actually quit making them about ten years ago.  So I can hear you asking yourself....what does she do if she does not make resolutions?  Well instead of making the traditional resolutions I actually make a list of things I want to have the opportunity to accomplish.  I mean lets face it.  I have not seen single digit dress sizes in a long time.  I would love to eat healthier and be healthier.  I am not going to set some magic number of weight I need to lose.  I am going to take better care of myself and treat myself throughout the year.  I am going to take the opportunity to have a mani/pedi often.  So what other opportunities am I planning to seek out?  I plan to be kinder this year (to quote my precious goddaughter, Jill....I want to have the opportunity to "say it nicer."  I hope I have the opportunity to spend more time with the people I love.  I want to declutter my life...in with the new year....out with the old stuff.  Look out thrift stores here I come.  I would love the opportunity to travel....(a bunch), spend time on the beach and in the mountains, enjoy my camera, I want the opportunity to read study my bible more.  I want to pray more.   I want to be a better teacher.  I want to not let opportunities to witness and show God's love pass me by.  My opportunities abound and it is all about what I do with them.  Don't let opportunities pass you by.  Don't end up the year filled with regrets over things you could/should/would have done.  Grab those opportunities and hang onto them for dear life.  It is 2013 and the world is your oyster filled with opportunities.  Get out there and enjoy them!  Happy New Year!

STOP

 

 

No comments: