2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind? I love cereal and would eat it three times a day if I could stand the carbs. Hot - Steel cut Irish oatmeal. Cold I love anything wheat....Wheaties, Raisin Bran, Wheat Chex. I do not like sugary cereals at all.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details). I am a school teacher. I have to admit there are days I fear guns, knives, etc in the possession of my students. This was a little much. We have actually had elementary students bring REAL guns for show and tell....who did get suspended. Come on....Hello Kitty Bubble Gun and not in her possession. This had to have occured after the incident in New England....all schools went on alert and a bit crazy.
4. Whatever happened to__Saturday Morning REAL cartoons? The cartoons kids watch today are terrible and most of them teach bad behavior.
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to? I like my handwriting and have people compliment me on it many times. I prefer to write in cursive and you can decipher my writing in either. I signed my name on a check yesterday to pay a bill.
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love? I have been to Philadelphia and loved it. I would love to go back. I ate my first ever Philly Cheese Steak at Geno's and loved it. I had it "wit onions and whiz" as I was instructed to order it. I got to hear James Earl Jones read the Magna Carta and it was amazing. So much history there and I loved every minute of my time there.
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say. My last name was once Harrell. My son's favorite Christmas song was, "Hark, the Harrell angels sing." He would shout it out when the choirmaster asked for requests during Christmas....everyone would laugh, and I would be so embarrassed. No matter how hard I tried I could not get him to understand that this song was not our family song! He still says it....and he is 42.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Did you know that today is National Pie Day. I love pie....lemon, key lime, chocolate, peanut butter, apple, cherry....and my list goes on. Do you like pie???? What is your favorite kind?