A new year has begun and we are now looking at 2013. Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond has been a great hostess and I hope you will hop over there and check out what everyone has posted about themselves. Maybe you might like to join in and play along with us. It is a great way to learn about yourself and others. So...here are my answers to Joyce's questions:
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013. A trip Panama City during Memorial Day week with the Porch People, a trip to Mackinaw Island with the KLAMS, and a Florida lighthouse tour during Spring Break with Susan to add to our lighthouse passports.
3. Stephen Spielburg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we are the same person all our lives" What say you? I disagree. I am who I am. Things happen from year to year that alter me somewhat....but basically I am the same core person each year. I mature, I react, I modify....but I am still the same.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? I love emerald green. I have white hair and it looks good on me. I have an emerald green top and bought some St. Paddy's Day emerald green socks today. I would love to have a couple of more clothing pieces. I do not have anything in my home this color and will not be adding anything. It does not go with the burgandy, gold, and mossy green in my house.
5. Speaking of emerald....what is your favorite gemstone. I love diamonds (my birthstone), but I also love emeralds, sapphires, garnets, and rubies.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012. I do book reviews for several publishing companies. My favorite book is called: More Than a Bucket List: Making Your Dreams, Passions, and Faith a Reality and my favorite movie was Pitch Perfect.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year? Still Magnolias does a song called Life Goes On (click here and then click on the song) and I found this quote on Facebook recently and it is so true.
8. Insert your own random thought here: What was your favorite memory of 2012? I have three.....One would have to be the beach trip with Frank and the Towler/McCaley clan (Porch People) to Panama City Beach in May. My second would be the KLAMS trip to Niagra Falls and seeing Nick Wallenda walk over the falls. My third would have to be my 40 year class reunion and spending time with Susan in West Palm Beach. I love my life. Happy New Year to you all.