Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, March 9, 2015

A Letter From My Daughter In Moldova

Yesterday was International Women's Day in Moldova.  I awoke to this precious letter from my darling daughter via Messenger.  I can tell you it made my day and I just had to share it with you guys.  It is not so that you can think...."Wow...what an amazing mother she was/is"  It is more because I want you to see what a truly amazing daughter I have.

Dear Momma,
Today is International Women's Day here in Moldova.  It is a really big deal.  It is a day to celebrate the women you love and respect....so I wanted to take a moment and tell you how much I love you.  From the moment you gave me life...you have filled my time here on this earth with music...you have filled my world with joy because  of it.  I love you so much my momma.  You are an incredibly talented woman.  I am so proud to call you mom...I love sharing your music, your writing, and your witticism with others.  You are a never ending wave of activity and you ALWAYS serve others even when you don't want to and you probably should rest.  I love your work ethic.  I am so thankful for your spunky sassy attitude...even when I have to remind you to say it nice. :-)  I love that you feel deeply....from anger to pain to love to joy...you feel everything.  I love that I am your favorite:)  God knew what He was doing when He made me yours.  You have loved and nurtured and encouraged me so much in my life.  Everything I am is because of you.  You have always given me the freedom to be me...whatever version of "me" that was...free spirited...silly...serious....whatever I am you love and accept me...and I never fear that you won't be there for me...I miss you so much momma...I miss our afternoon talks on the way home from work...I hope that you are taking good care of yourself, Momma!  I love you.  SOOOOO MUCH!!!!  Happy Women's Day to the woman who gave me life...and gave me the courage to live it to the fullest!!!!!!

I am amazed at how awesome my daughter is....I am proud of her.  She is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me and I thank God for her every single day.  She makes me a better person and for that I am grateful for this great gift.

3 comments:

sara said...

that is so sweet!! you should be proud! Though are the letters that make your heart soar!

Mary said...

Oh! That is sooo sweet!

The Bug said...

Aw that's great! So glad she made your day :)