And one of the biggest priorities in seeking an employer is their “Benefits Package.” While many companies offer a wide variety of benefits, some offer few. I would like to share with us a Benefits Package that can’t be beat; An employer with Benefits like none other; Not a Cooperate Benefit’s Package; But “GOD’S BENEFIT PACKAGE."
In my career, I have worked now over 25-years for the same employer. As a result of having been Employed, I have reaped many benefits. Some of the benefits I enjoy are:
1. Vacation and Holiday Time
2. 9-Paid Sick Days
3. Health Insurance
4. Dental Insurance
5. Vision Care
Thank God for my Employer and the Benefits Package they have given unto me. All of these benefits we enjoy through our jobs are great. But they pale in comparison to those Benefits God has to offer to those who work for him. We as Christian’s enjoy the greatest benefit’s one can have. “GOD’S BENEFITS PACKAGE.”
I have SEVEN benefits I would like to share today with you all. The SEVEN Benefits of being a Christian.
NUMBER ONE, THE BENEFIT OF LOVE: In John 15:13 we find….
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
There isn’t any greater benefit we can have than to know that Jesus loves us. It was because of his love that he died for our sins. He loved us while we were yet sinners. No matter who you are or what you have done Christ still loves you! One day C. H. Spurgeon was walking through the English countryside with a friend. As they strolled along, the evangelist noticed a barn with a weather vane on its roof. At the top of the vane were these words: GOD IS LOVE. Spurgeon remarked to his companion that he thought this was a rather inappropriate place for such a message. "Weather vanes are changeable," he said, "but God’s love is constant.” "I don’t agree with you about those words, Charles," replied his friend. "You misunderstood the meaning. That sign is indicating a truth: Regardless of which way the wind blows, God is love." The greatest Benefit God has is love.
NUMBER TWO WOULD BE THE BENEFIT OF GRACE: In Ephesians 2:8 -
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
The Benefit of God’s Grace is worth coming to work for him! When seeking employment we are often asked for resumes to show our qualifications, etc. God says there’s no resumes needed. Just come as you are! We recall the thief on the cross. He didn’t have time to give an extensive review as to why Christ should save him. (hire him) God loves us! The job is ours if we will just seek it. Thank God for the Benefit of Grace! It is because of God’s grace that he is willing to hire us! (Save us) (Nothing we do) When we seek for secular jobs often we must have something to offer unto them. But God says, there is no experience necessary to come to work for him!
NUMBER THREE WOULD BE THE BENEFIT OF MERCY: Titus 3:5 (5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; There’s nothing that we have done or could do to be righteous enough to be employed by God. But it is through his MERCY that we are saved! Remember the story of Zacheus? Zacheus was a tax collector. Tax collectors were known for often cheating the people . Tax Collectors were often mentioned in the same breath as sinners. Not only a Tax Collector but Zacheus was the Chief Collector- So he was probably hated even more. Yet Christ still saved him. Not because of who he was to Christ, but because of Christ’ Mercy! Thank God for His Mercy tonight! If you have not yet accepted Christ, his Mercy is for you! “Mercy,” what a benefit we have!
NUMBER FOUR WOULD BE THE BENEFIT OF FORGIVENESS: 1st John 1:9
(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. It’s great to know that God will forgive us of our sins. On our secular jobs if we fail, often we are replaced. But God knows we fail at times. God knows that we will fail. That is why there is grace. You say, “if you sin you are going to Hell.” Now we are to strive not to sin! But how many of us ever have foolish thoughts? All of us have some type of foolish thought from time to time. But did you know the very thought of foolishness is sin? (Proverbs 24:9) I have yet to meet a man or woman that is so close to God that they do not sin. I have not met a man or woman that can honestly say they never have a bad thought. All of us sin. Though we should strive not to do so. Anyone that says differently should read the preceding verse of scripture. Look back at verse 8 of John Chapter 9. (8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. So then with our best intent to walk righteously we are still going to fail. But when we do, we are to confess our sins and ask for forgiveness. Notice it says, “If we confess our sins.” We need to admit we sin in order to be forgiven. Thank God for his Benefit of Forgiveness.
THE BENEFIT OF HIS RICHES WOULD BE NUMBER FIVE: Philippians 4:19
(19) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
What a benefit! Having all of our need supplied by God himself! What riches in this world can say that they supply all of our need? NONE!
OUR SIXTH BENEFIT COULD BE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST: Acts 2:38,39
(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. How many of you have ever experienced the move of the Holy Ghost? Have you ever felt the power of God? I want to say that the Holy Ghost is for you! The reason why so many do not receive The Holy Ghost is because they try and figure it all out. But if you would just let go and accept this Benefit from God your life would be changed! “The Holy Ghost!” Man, what a benefit!
AND FINALLY, NUMBER SEVEN. OUR SEVENTH BENEFIT WOULD BE “ETERNAL LIFE”: Romans 6:23 - (23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. You want to know the Benefit I’m looking forward to most in God’s Package? “Eternal Life!” No matter what this world may have to offer it all leads to death. You want to know why I came to work for God? It was his Benefits Package. Now then, whom are you working for? Don’t you want to work for the best? Don’t you realize that the benefits out weigh everything else? Take it from someone who’s already on the payroll; this is the man you want to work for! Maybe youre considering changing your employer. (From the Devil to Jesus) Perhaps you are comparing the benefits you now have to the ones you could have. Come on. Take advantage of God’s Benefits Package.