Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you've played along this week, add your link at the end of Joyce's post before you run off into the sunshine. And please go say hi to the blogger who linked before you because we're friendly here.
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung!, almost there, or still waiting? When I think of spring I feel happy and I think of jonquils, redbuds, and pink magnolias peeking their heads out.
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? We live in a parsonage and there are two couches and two recliners and they all need replacing. I would venture to say they are 10+ years old each.
3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman. "You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated." Maya Angelou
4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now? Where and Why? No explanation at the moment.
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume? I have a sweet tooth. I love to bake. 'Nuff said.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing? I love what I do and I would rather work.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island? I have been to Texas many times. I love Grapevine. I want to see the Alamo, Padre Island, and the River Walk...and the Selena memorial in Corpus Cristi..
8. Insert your own random thought here. I feel like only in Alabama can you wake up to weather hovering at freezing and be 70 before lunch....only to snow by midnight. What is it like where you live?
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
5 months ago